old Double Beam Down

Tnwhip

Our Muzzleloading season started Saturday. I saw this one and several others but they were 200 yds and could not make that shot with the 54 round ball flinlock and open sights. I moved closer where I saw them opening morning. This evening he gave me a 75 yd, shot. I have watched him and another big 8 point all summer. I am glad when a plan comes together. He had 11 points.

Attachments

• 20141110_180555.jpg
    20141110_180555.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141110_180705.jpg
    20141110_180705.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 95
gotta love it, something about a unique old rifle next to a one of a kind buck. now you hae an awesome mount to hang that gun under forever.

Re: old Double Beam Down and now I got his buddy

Thanks everyone. Muzzloading to me, means going back in time. I love the old guns. They are a way of life for me. I when back this morning and I got his buddy a nice heavy 8 point. He was just about the same spot as the other one. I guess I am on a roll. Probably be down hill from now on LOL

Attachments

• 2014-11-11 06.55.30.jpg
    2014-11-11 06.55.30.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 55
Our Muzzleloading season started Saturday. I saw this one and several others but they were 200 yds and could not make that shot with the 54 round ball flinlock and open sights. I moved closer where I saw them opening morning. This evening he gave me a 75 yd, shot. I have watched him and another big 8 point all summer. I am glad when a plan comes together. He had 11 points.
Outstanding! He definitely looks to be a real old timer for sure too. Congrats.

Thanks everyone. Muzzloading to me, means going back in time. I love the old guns. They are a way of life for me. I when back this morning and I got his buddy a nice heavy 8 point. He was just about the same spot as the other one. I guess I am on a roll. Probably be down hill from now on LOL
I'd say so. Congrats again.

Nice deer and gun. Is that a Getz octagon to round barrel? Siler lock? Matt

It is a Siler they are the best lock out there. The barrel was made by my old friend Richard Smith of Long Hammock Barrels in oxford Fla. He passed away 2 years ago but is son is still running the business. I have set a several records with their barrels over the years. I have never had a Getz barrel but they are good barrels.

TNwhip what part of TN are you from? I'm in shelby county and have been doing the mz thing since last Saturday as well.

TNwhip what part of TN are you from? I'm in shelby county and have been doing the mz thing since last Saturday as well.
Me too. I live in Eads. Just got back from my cabin up on the TN. River. Hunted the last week of Muzzle loading and the first 3 days of Gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.