Old bikers

I had Metzler tires rejetted the carbs and the Vance and Hines four into one header put on the bike and the ME1 rear tire was the racing compound without doing a burnout I still could not keep the front end down no matter what I tried we had a moroso motorsports Park 20 miles from home back then my best time was only 11.085. The bike could've done better. It was definitely the rider!
The Busa was fuel injected and they made great strides in the late 90's in hp and drag coefficient. Everything after about 1998 is so much faster than before.
Hell my first street bike was a Yamaha FJ 600. I too put a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 into 2 header on it and rejetted it. I did 13.32's with it but it was falling on its face at the end of the track. Needed to rejet it again.

Oh yeah I forgot I used to run the Metzler me1's on my FJ 600 my buddy's used to give me a hard time for running a racing tire on the street. I told them it was cheap insurance cause all you have is the small contact patch of the tire to the street for traction.
It was fun to take off from a stop turning left or right spinning the tire sliding it sideways till the tire got hot and pulling a wheelie just about the time you where straightening out.