Oklahoma Hog Hunting Help

Jeebes

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to hog hunt in OK? Looking to go down later this spring or early summer.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to hog hunt in OK? Looking to go down later this spring or early summer.

Good luck with that. Word on the street is rampant hog problems, yet nearly impossible to get an invite to hunt. Everyone wants pay and perhaps that is OK but, two groups of guys I know have driven long distances, put down their money, and were shown zero hogs. I PM'd a guy on another site that was spewing about being overrun with pigs and he did not even bother to get back to me with a hello, yes, no or GTH. I offered an exchange whitetail hunt on large private acreage with a place to stay, plus references from here and in that state. I suggest that you do a net search for hunts, check references and pay your money. Perhaps a better alternative is visit a hog farmer and purchase a prime butcher hog. Let the greedy land owners with a pig explosion solve their own problem. :D

Let the greedy land owners with a pig explosion solve their own problem. :D[/QUOTE]

Bingo I have yet to find a land owner that wants help even in Texas same here in Michigan. Although no one I know ever sees any pigs in this state. I even carry my own insurance so the land owner has nothing to lose but they seem to want a fortune for these things. I don't even mind paying but I'm not gonna pay a stupid amount per pig and by the pound. I have no problem with ranches charging for hunts but if you are gonna do that don't bitch about the problem and then try and get my tax dollars for crop damage.
I do see why some don't though with all the jack wagons I have seen trying to hunt. I wouldn't want them anywhere near my property with a firearm.

Let the greedy land owners with a pig explosion solve their own problem. :D

Bingo I have yet to find a land owner that wants help even in Texas same here in Michigan. Although no one I know ever sees any pigs in this state. I even carry my own insurance so the land owner has nothing to lose but they seem to want a fortune for these things. I don't even mind paying but I'm not gonna pay a stupid amount per pig and by the pound. I have no problem with ranches charging for hunts but if you are gonna do that don't bitch about the problem and then try and get my tax dollars for crop damage.
I do see why some don't though with all the jack wagons I have seen trying to hunt. I wouldn't want them anywhere near my property with a firearm.[/QUOTE]

You are spot on with everything you said. I am a land owner and it is wise to be careful about who is allowed on. What teed me off was the fellow complaining about being overrun with hogs, and then not giving me the courtesy of a response to my PM. I offered references that were within an hour or two of the area he was posting about.

Check the "In the ear, Really" thread tomorrow. I'm offering Coy Franks a solution to this problem and it may be of interest to you!

Packrat.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.