Ok which bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0E5EFB65-CF73-46AA-8A59-A3DCDF071D99.jpeg

Hammer Time…
Gotta love 15 round trial packs

143 grain hammer. I shoot it out of my 7 RUM at 3400 fps and it's deadly with minimal meat damage. I keeled a whitetail at 350 yards. Through the boiler room and out the offside shoulder. I cut away a silver dollar sized area of blood shot meat. I had a picture of a 3" 5 shot group on steel at 800 yards that I could post but I lost it when my phone broke and so didn't have it backed up.

Good thing I don't have to choose! Got enough rounds loaded with my proven bullet to last me a long time. And enough projectiles to load when a run out. When that time comes, then I will decide! Who knows that the choices will be then

Either should work quite well….though, operate on slightly different design principles!

On quite large game or a "raking" shot is needed…..the Barnes may have a slight advantage, offering a slightly larger wound channel at the end of the bullet path.

The Hammer, offers more "early" tissue damage soon after impact with the petals shearing from the bullet…..and creating much greater tissue/organ damage. The bullet "shank" will continue on for deep penetration!

Both offer great accuracy in most firearms. The Hammer may offer greater ease of accurate load development…..and seemingly more availability! Both are great bullets…..the greatest difference is the way they perform immediately after impact! JMO. memtb

They had them during covid when local shelves were empty. You can also call and talk to an actual human.
To be fair, lots of small companies had things in stock during COVID. A huge reason why is because they simply don't have anywhere near the same volume of sales as the big guys.

And talking bullet manufacturers specifically, I promise if you call Sierra, Berger, Hornady, Nosler, Barnes, etc you will get an actual human.

Not saying at all it's a bad thing that they had bullets in stock when others didn't. I'm just saying it's not like the other guys stopped making bullets then, or ever stopped at all.

To be fair, lots of small companies had things in stock during COVID. A huge reason why is because they simply don't have anywhere near the same volume of sales as the big guys.

And talking bullet manufacturers specifically, I promise if you call Sierra, Berger, Hornady, Nosler, Barnes, etc you will get an actual human.

Not saying at all it's a bad thing that they had bullets in stock when others didn't. I'm just saying it's not like the other guys stopped making bullets then, or ever stopped at all.
That is the point though. You don't have to wait for months for the next run of your favorite Hammer. Order on Monday, loading by Friday. Even if the big boys are running full tilt, that's no consolation when you can't find what you need and have no idea when you may find them again. Then, when you get amazing (and easily found) accuracy and un-matched on game consistency, Hammers are hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts