OK, more "Hammer" Time 6.5 Creedmoor

Buzzsaw

I've just made a pitcher of Hammer Bullet Koolade. I'm about to pour my first glass. Before I do, can anyone give me their recipe?, My gun has a Proof Research, 20", 1-8 Twist barrel and is Very accurate with the 143 ELDX and 140ELDM and Berger 140 VLDH. I'm always looking for new stuff to try. I had a failed experiment with the Cutting Edge bullets in my 6.5 Barrett Fieldcraft. Hoping I can find a dedicated 1/2" group load for hunting deer, antelope.

Steve suggesting starting with the Sledge Hammer out to 300 yards. what if i want to stretch it to 600, which bullet should i order?

i will shoot this gun with an Omega TI suppressor this summer. anything different shooting them through the can?

I've been having good luck with 147 ELD-M and 140 Nosler CC with CCI-BR2, Starline Brass and 44.5grns RL19. Mine jump about .035" and my dads is jumping .020".

IIRC Steve said a good starting powder would be Varget. 4350 seems to be the universal accuracy powder for the Creed and I can't imagine that it would be any different with Hammer bullets.
I just received my 124 HH bullets today.
I have had very good luck with RE26 and the Berger 135 CH bullet. I think I'll start with RE26 and then move on to Varget to see how the HH bullets shoot in my Browning HC rifle.

Look at the 124 hammer hunter. Are you shooting a can? That can give back a bit of velocity to make it suitable for that In the creed 4155 223 cfe varget mr2000 should get you close to 3000fps with a 20" That should work for deer sized game to your yardage.

I run mine over Varget.

My personal loads. Says 125gr, but these are their 124gr Hammer Hunters. Mine just weighed 125gr not 124

Pierce Engineering ultralight titanium action. Christensen Arms Carbon fiber barrel finished at 21" with their titanium brake.

Your mileage may vary. Use with caution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181120-204633_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20181120-204633_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 344
I run mine over Varget.

My personal loads. Says 125gr, but these are their 124gr Hammer Hunters. Mine just weighed 125gr not 124

Pierce Engineering ultralight titanium action. Christensen Arms Carbon fiber barrel finished at 21" with their titanium brake.

can you send the attachment again, its too small when i open it

I run mine over Varget.

That's the same action I have on mine and I got the same sd as you did per charge weight. I also ended at 41gr right at 2900 though so a bit slower. I didn't see pressure but I'm sure I would soon after that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.