OK. I can't stand it anymore..!!

Jake in NC

OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

.. I gotta let my anal retention show a little about proper word usage.. (Not to be confused with intentional slang or typos.)

Here goes..

Your- ..is a possessive term.. " I like the paint job on your rifle.."

You're- .. abbreviation for "you are"
--------------------------------------------
Lose- (lüz) To misplace something or not to win a contest.. To get rid of..

Loose- (lüs) ..ill fitting. Not tight..
--------------------------------------------
to- usually denotes motion " I went to the mountains today.. Also used to define a range.. ".. My ES went from 13fps to 54..!! "

too- inclusive term.. Similar to "also". "I like NightForce, but I like Leupold too.." Can also suggest excessiveness.. "I ate too much at the Easter dinner.."

.. Feel free to flame away but this stuff just aggravates me to no end.. I know, I know.. Shaddup-n-go-shootin'.. Hehehe.. d:^) JiNC

[ 04-20-2003: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]

Re: OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

Jake,

I have not figured this one out yet, when I use the word ain't, do I use an apostrophe in this word (too), or drop it and leave it "aint"?
grin.gif
grin.gif

You do know everyone here dropped out of school in when they found hunting put the meat on the table don't you.
grin.gif
grin.gif

English class was my favorite.
rolleyes.gif
Ya right. But like most things, once you're older, your prospective changes quite a bit.
wink.gif

OUCH!!!..

I know I am guilty..of butchering the english language on this board...
but it is the boards fault usually...

I end up having to type to fast 'cause I don't have alot of time and I need to check all the new posts...
rolleyes.gif

Jake,

Don't worry, as long as you can forgive me about getting a little ****y about people who can't find the search button and ask the same question that was asked and answered twice or more, in the last couple of weeks.

My best friend and hunting partner was an English major, and has a photographic memory. Bad combination. Especially when we get to drinking a lot of beer.

Let me offer you the same advise I give John-Henry. Twenty miles south of here, right across the border in Agua Prieta, Mexico, Is a place called La Sonda Rosa. Take $20 and go visit.

I've noticed a trip to the Cat House can take the anal retentiveness right out of a fellow.

Tim

Tim,
Is that were you guys go for you're predator hunting. Your likely too loose more than a few brain-cells at a place like that, to. Interested too know wich caliber works best but I'm shure your the guys to figure that out. Hope Jake isnt' reading this, to, might make him loose it and start telling me that my spelling is a little lose.

Did I ever tell you about the time I got my thumb under the sizing die and cranked the decapping pin right through the center of my thumbnail. That is what really ****es a guy off
frown.gif

Back to cranking .300 Wins.

Ian,

my God, what a bloody visual!!! OUCH!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Jake's going to freak when he reads your butchered up usage, you big trouble maker Ian.
grin.gif

Got me a black bear the other day, that made me feel a little better, but induced some other stress with over a 1000 foot hike **** near straight up the mountain.
grin.gif
Could have shot a nice Ram right in the same exact spot in the rocks if it was season too. Man I'm sore now. Makes you really love bait stations and hate hiking up to dens!
rolleyes.gif

Yall shouldn't be talking like that
grin.gif
. Brent, how big was that bear?

Ian sorry to hear bout the thumb, guess you could have used some factory ammo
frown.gif
and saved some time too
wink.gif

Tim now what kinda cat huntin you doing for $20.00
tongue.gif
, must not take alot to put one down
grin.gif

Any way Jake don't worry about it too much. You know what they say sticks and stones may hurt me but words never will unless you go cat hunting with Tim and some beer drinking buddies
grin.gif

Brent... Being graced by god to be Southern I can say that the correct spelling is "ain't"..
grin.gif

Wyo... I don't think there are many who could claim to butcher the American English language any worse than myself.. Mostly with a constant stream of vulgarities and slang embellished with outright grammatical incorrectness..!!
grin.gif

Tim... Mrs Sandy may become somewhat distressed if I were to persue your prescribed cure for severe A.R. However, I do beg forgiveness for my trespasses and ignorance of searching the archives.. An only recenty aquired habit, for myself..
wink.gif

IAN..!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

..Sorry.. I forgot.. We're all s'posed to be nice to recipients of the "RCBS Thumbnail Torture"..
grin.gif

texas... So true, my Bar-B-Q breathed amigo..!!

..Thanks for having a great sense of humor, guys..!! d:^) JiNC

You're right on, Jake, it bothers me to. I cant understand why some folks dont just use a dikshinary...We'd all bee happyer.

All kidding aside, it kind of bothers me as well, especially when you hear it on the radio or see it in the paper...

Quinn.

Mi inglish teechers musta reely likt me cuz they all rekwired my pesence back in there class my sr yeer(all tree ofdem)20 yeers amilkin cows can bea kinda hard on a guys spelin scils ya no but likes grampa always used ta say bean kin ta eric da red may explane a few tings dont expekt folks ta fergiv ya fer it wil tri mor in da futur ta improves da spellin but ya gota stop hallerin et us we dosnt no no bedder=CJ

I catch enough **** from my wife for improper english (she's a teacher).I thought this was long range hunting not english 101. Please leave us high school drop-outs alone and lets get back to shooting. Thanks
h

Texas,

It was really nothing to brag about, still had fun gettin him though, 5 - 5 1/2 feet squared I'm guessing. Somehand how I blew an easy 450 yard shot and then had to hike down and up the other side of the canyon then over the top to get him with a 100 yard shot. Long story...
smile.gif

grin.gif
ouch! my side hurts from laughin so hard. YA'LL getonoutahaer@! LAMO! Eyes are watering, Man! that had to hurt puttin that decappin pin threw that their thumb. Jake Thanks for the English lesson and all ya'll teasin him
tongue.gif
Thanks for the laugh I needed it.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.