Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the idiots who think a 6.5CM is advertised as or capable of killing an elk at 1250 yards please SHUT UP already. NOBODY IS ADVERTISING THE CARTRIDGE AS A DO ALL LONG RANGE BIG GAME KILLING MACHINE!!!! How are hard is that to grasp??? It is a fine cartridge for medium game at intermediate ranges and it's an excellent prs cartridge. Yup no better than a 260rem.... But guess what (mudrunner), Remington couldn't market a laser gun if they had one. So now we have the CM. Boo hoo
I don't know who yanked your chain, but I wouldn't be dragging people into this that didn't **** in your wheaties. Understand? But since you did...

Well, for starters, Hornady's marketing team was the ones who touted the 6.5 CM as the do-all cartridge. They were the ones who started pushing all the rumors about it being similar to a .300WM in ballistics, etc... Then all the gun editors and gun channel you tubers decided to jump on the bandwagon and started whoring it out as the best thing since sliced bread, as well. That's how marketing works. The problem is, just like with politicians, people misplace all their trust, and then end up getting burnt. Some folks are too obstinate to ever admit it happened, some folks are too embarrassed to, and some are just plain dumb enough to not even realize they got duped in the first place. And those of us who saw through the charade and call it out, are the ones who get chastised over it, by all the rest.

So, your anger towards those of us who live in reality and understand that it's NOT a do-all cartridge is misplaced, and you should really be angry at those who started all this crap that allowed us to call them out on their BS...And that's the folks who MAKE, SELL, and DESIGNED the cartridge... Hornady.

Also, I've said over and over again, that Remington's marketing team sucks, and that their BOD is a bunch of morons. I've also called them out numerous times over their .260 Remington stupidity. Not sure where you're getting your information from claiming I haven't, but you might want to read some of my posts about it before commenting on such absurdities again. Unless you were just trying to make some irrelevant point to get my attention...Which would be really sad and pathetic.

I remember when I was trying to doubt the power of the 6.5 creedmoor, then I built a AR-10\SR25 version and I became part of the creed nation. You will eventually get it, once you mature and then you will understand. Until then we still welcome you to join the club, you will eventually, but we can wait.

Sounds more like a cult than a club

It betters a 270 Winchester at 500 yards and does it in a short action. So... what's not to like about it?
No it does not but who cares because if your killing game past five hundred yards there are better choices .

I don't know who yanked your chain, but I wouldn't be dragging people into this that didn't **** in your wheaties. Understand? But since you did...

Well, for starters, Hornady's marketing team was the ones who touted the 6.5 CM as the do-all cartridge. They were the ones who started pushing all the rumors about it being similar to a .300WM in ballistics, etc... Then all the gun editors and gun channel you tubers decided to jump on the bandwagon and started whoring it out as the best thing since sliced bread, as well. That's how marketing works. The problem is, just like with politicians, people misplace all their trust, and then end up getting burnt. Some folks are too obstinate to ever admit it happened, some folks are too embarrassed to, and some are just plain dumb enough to not even realize they got duped in the first place. And those of us who saw through the charade and call it out, are the ones who get chastised over it, by all the rest.

So, your anger towards those of us who live in reality and understand that it's NOT a do-all cartridge is misplaced, and you should really be angry at those who started all this crap that allowed us to call them out on their BS...And that's the folks who MAKE, SELL, and DESIGNED the cartridge... Hornady.

Also, I've said over and over again, that Remington's marketing team sucks, and that their BOD is a bunch of morons. I've also called them out numerous times over their .260 Remington stupidity. Not sure where you're getting your information from claiming I haven't, but you might want to read some of my posts about it before commenting on such absurdities again. Unless you were just trying to make some irrelevant point to get my attention...Which would be really sad and pathetic.
Dang! Mud, did you forget your meds?
It's been around 10 years or so, I think most people have figured out the pros and cons, by now. If it wasn't doing the job, sales would be down. I hate to see the the shooting community raving at each other, over what cartridge they prefer. If you rule out the tacti-cools and new shooters, I believe the rest can make a knowledgeable decision on what they want to shoot, regardless of Hornady's publicity campaign.

Be cool man, we'll save our energy to defend something important, like our 7STWs.

Dang! Mud, did you forget your meds?
It's been around 10 years or so, I think most people have figured out the pros and cons, by now. If it wasn't doing the job, sales would be down. I hate to see the the shooting community raving at each other, over what cartridge they prefer. If you rule out the tacti-cools and new shooters, I believe the rest can make a knowledgeable decision on what they want to shoot, regardless of Hornady's publicity campaign.

Be cool man, we'll save our energy to defend something important, like our 7STWs.
I don't take meds, and I also don't take bullcrap off of anyone either, especially when they decide to drag me into a conversation with false facts. The 6.5CM has been around since 2007. I'm well aware of that fact. It didn't get super popular until about 2010. You would think most would have figured out the truth by now, but some still believe the BS wholeheartedly. If their prerogative is to live life with their heads in the sand thinking the sky is falling, then by all means, go for it. I choose to look up and see that that it's not, for myself. Rebels will always be treated with confrontation as we tend to ruffle the feathers of the string-pullers...And that makes them mad.

I'm cool, no anger here, just get frustrated when folks say that I said this or that, and it's not true.

Once again, never said it was a bad cartridge, just said I didn't like the cult-like BS and the fake magical properties it seems to have developed. The same goes for any cartridge out there. I'm even on record here calling out a 7mm STW guy claiming he was getting ridiculous speeds out of his rifle that are simply not possible without blowing up the gun.

The weekly Creed bash......blah blah blah!
Here's the deal. Their is not a do it all, perfect cartridge/caliber. Not the Creedmoor, not the 300 Win, not the 308, or any other.
No one in their right mind is going to take a STW or 300 Win to the dog town. And no one is going to take a 223 on a grizzly hunt.
This is why we are lucky to have so many great options. Including the Creedmoor.
With all the people on the Creedmoor bandwagon, can they all be wrong?

I like the 6.5 I own a 6.5- 06 and a 264 Winchester mag. I think it all depends on shot placement and knowing your abilities. They all get the job done when we do our part. Just have the sense to know what you are capable of. Let's leave it at that. I definitely think more of the 30 caliber plus range when it come to down range energy. Never thought I would buy a 300 win. Intel I understood the difference in down range energy with a 200 + grain bullet which make sense for hunting in Nevada, as we have wide open spaces. Was a 30-06 guy since that is what I grew up around. In parts of Oregon you could not see far enough to use the potential of anything larger than that. Heck I have used a 243 win. For Elk, and never needed a second shot. I say use what you know works for you and your particular environment. A lot has to do with bullet selection, when it comes to killing. Also how close to your target you are.

I just cannot get excited as some people seem to be about the 6.5 creedmore. I have never been a real fan of the 243 either. I am speaking specifically about using these calibers at 4-500 plus yards. I think a heavier bullet and a bigger diameter is in order for long range shots on elk, moose, bear especially. Whitetail deer ok I guess but the wound channel may not be effective on marginal hit. Just my two cents. How do you other long range hunters feel about this?
How much experience do you have using a 6.5 of any kind on game?

It betters a 270 Winchester at 500 yards and does it in a short action. So... what's not to like about it?
So does the 6.5x47 Lapua.
I should have built mine with a longer barrel, but the 24" does ok to 800 and the 26" is well suited to 1000. A 28" or 30" would be outstanding.

I also hate the 243 and all 308 based rounds, just the thought of them has my stomach churning.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.