Ok, Hornay, one of my favorite companies did it again.-A New Mono on the Market

case in point !
where's the bc improvements ?
was the GMX bc claim over the top ?
likely, most manufacturers claims were

so why continue the charade of the super slick CX bullet, nothing like it in the world bs ?

...View attachment 334491View attachment 334492
I noticed the same thing when they were announced in October. My only answer I could come up with, until I get a better one, is there they've since majorly improved the method they determine their BC and the GMX figures were inflated and inaccurate and that the CX is more accurate, and in some cases lower than the previous advertised GMX figure.

Oh I didn't say it's some great breakthrough, just an overall improvement and definitely a step in the right direction.

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a box or two and shoot some bit hogs with them. Hogs make about the best test bed I know if when it comes to terminal ballistics.
No, you didn't say it was, but they do. They claim they're the most advanced mono on the market, and a breakthrough.

C14ADFA2-728E-4F71-B5E5-2A566F3BE13A.jpeg

I'm sorry but it wasn't Hornady peddling that garbage, it was people that bought Needmore's and realized they had manhood issues to address once they started shooting them.
I definitely agree with you here but the reason for all that shooter hype is because of what Hornady did to market it. Brilliant none the less, look at how that stupid round has sold and all the rifles chambered in it.

Don't take the difference of opinion as a personal attack here. Just other people's perspective. I used to be a huge Hornady fan until some of their recent business decisions. That's my stance but also understand yours as it is something you have had great success with for a very long time.

No, you didn't say it was, but they do. They claim they're the most advanced mono on the market, and a breakthrough.

View attachment 334501
I'm looking really close and not seeing what you are stating there.

The breakthrough appears to be better expansion, "most advanced" well I guess that just depends on how you define it since there's no set standard.

A bit over the top probably but then just about everyone marketing anything today is guilty of that.

I definitely agree with you here but the reason for all that shooter hype is because of what Hornady did to market it. Brilliant none the less, look at how that stupid round has sold and all the rifles chambered in it.

Don't take the difference of opinion as a personal attack here. Just other people's perspective. I used to be a huge Hornady fan until some of their recent business decisions. That's my stance but also understand yours as it is something you have had great success with for a very long time.
I'm not, it's simply not accurate.

Hornady did a great job marketing the Needmore for it's intended purposes but I never saw or heard them make any such ridiculous claims.

People make mistakes then they feel a need to justify them by exaggerating.

Trust me the endless threads on miracles performed with the Needmore got pretty nauseating after a while and the guys posting them of course eventually tucked their tails and limped off when nothing came close to substantiating their claims.

The only Mono that I can compare apples to apples (without doing research, because... lazy) is the 6.5130 MTH from Cutting Edge. I've shot a BUNCH of these out of a 6.5 WSM. You're looking at a 40 point jump in BC with the MTH over the CX.

Now, i'm not knocking Hornady as I feel they are a great company with some really good product. I'll just have to stand behind my previous statement that the published BCs are a bit off-putting.

t
That would be "Advertised BC".

Last I checked there was also a substantial price difference between CEB's and Hornady which unfortunately is a major limiting factor to the majority of the shooting public.

Many of us don't mind paying a dollar or more for bullets but we're less than .1% of the market.

It would be interesting to see some side by side comparisons. Once I'm set up again I'll try a box or two of these and try to do a side by side comparison with Peregrine's in the same weight.

I was saying that I agree that you did not say they were a breakthrough. I was clarifying that it was/is Hornady that's made that claim. That's all.
I added a bit you probably missed.

The breakthrough appears to be better expansion, "most advanced" well I guess that just depends on how you define it since there's no set standard.

A bit over the top probably but then just about everyone marketing anything today is guilty of that.

If its "their market" than yeah it is most advanced mono. Its only competing against the GMX.

The only perspective I have is Hornady can add more bullet selection to the "market" then, how is that not a good thing? Maybe these bullets will take demand off the other really good cup and core?

If its "their market" than yeah it is most advanced mono. Its only competing against the GMX.

The only perspective I have is Hornady can add more bullet selection to the "market" then, how is that not a good thing? Maybe these bullets will take demand off the other really good cup and core?
It is a good thing....its just not the best thing....I said it before, I applaud any new product....not necessarilly the best product

Recent Posts