Ok Guys I need your advice

Texanjohn

Ok ,heres what I'm looking for to finish my "packable" rifle, I'm 63 , 160 lbs and in decent shape,just don't want to carry more then I have to, so this is my list, any one know what scopes fit these wants?
1, first focal plane
2, low power 3-6, high end 15-24
3,Must be light weight
4,hoping for a smaller package as I want to put this on a model 7
5, must be MOA
6, really like tree type reticles
7. Below 1700.$
hoping some of you that have built mountain rifles have been there done that. Thanks in advance, John

Last edited:
OK, I'll attach two Scope Specs Tables that cover the magnification ranges you're looking for.

▪ They are separated by FFP and SFP.

▪ They list which models offer MOA.

▪ Christmas tree reticles are listed as "Grid"

▪ Weight and length

▪ Prices, warranty info, max. elevation adjustment, all have exposed turrets

Sorry, some very good brands didn't make it onto the table because they don't offer 10 yard min. parallax, something that you probably won't need.

Matthias

❌ Attachments:
(1)
Scope Specs Table 3-18x | 4-16x | 4-20x etc.
(2) Scope Specs Table 6-24x | 5-25x | 5-30x | 4-24x etc.

Attachments

• SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf
    276.5 KB · Views: 393
  • SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf
    267.9 KB · Views: 277
OH MY GOD Jungleshooter! That's amazing info to have put together so fast, THANK YOU very much, don't know how you put that together put it's a great example of what puts this forum above all the rest !

John, thanks for the kudos! 😊

Truth be told, I didn't create the Scope Specs Tables in a matter of hours — they have been in the making for a couple of years.... 🤣
I got tired of digging through hundreds of web pages every time I wanted a new scope — and making comparisions of important-to-me specs was extremely tedious. So, I made my own comparison tables.... 👍🏼

🔸 There is another resource that includes some brands that didn't make it onto my tables, including the higher priced models. Great resource!
This guy offers several scope lists according to certain types of scopes.
They are all sorted according to price groups. He even has pics of the reticles.
https://sageratsafaris.com/the-optics-database/

Happy scopes shopping! 😊

Matthias