Ohio Deer test positive for Covid

old time deer hunt 2.jpg

I think that I heard with the way that some Covid deaths were recorded, that the above deer were all found to have died from it. 😆

Michigan is stated to be 67% of herd is showing signs of covid antibodies. Looks like deer are going to have to stay at home.
I saw an article that said about that percent of deer tested had the Covid. I would bet some of my cows may have last year. Some of them
Just went through a week or two spell of being sick and listless acting but they came out of it.

All jokes aside. When this **** started spreading last year I was speaking to a vet. He did say "Covid" was already existanr in animals. The disease exists and like the flu it does have various strains
Probably something the general population doesn't realise or consider.
Yes a different Covid but it's a thing apparently.

"The deer were studied in Illinois, Michigan, New York and Pennsylvania. The USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service tested 481 deer between January 2020 and March 2021, and found 33% were positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. The percentage was highest in Michigan, with 67% of 113 samples testing positive, and lowest in Illinois where 7% of 101 samples were positive. "

So the real question is whether deer had the antibodies BEFORE the pandemic? The assumption that it was introduced into their population as result of the 2020 Pandemic without prior data testing is not acceptable epidemiology review IMO. If you don't know what you have for a baseline, how can you make any determinations? If this virus is assumed to have originated from animals in China, how do know it wasn't already here established in animals beforehand? Just because we just now have means to test for it, doesn't mean squat without a previous baseline that WAS tested for the covid antibodies. The summaries I read did not state if deer populations were tested in previous years for the viral antibodies so this is why I question unsupported data conclusions.

Let's test some remote populations that could not possibly have human contact like deep in the Adirondacks High Peaks Wilderness areas.

Recent Posts