• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED OHAUS 10-10 Precision Loading Scale

Recently, I was awake to do some late night rifle loading and my Chargemaster was acting up and was my only scale at the time (lended little pocket scale out). Then I realized, I better find me a good beam scale for when this arises again... Lol.

Don't get me started on the Chargemaster . . . I thought when I bought mine it was a perfect tool for reloading several hundred rounds a month. That was 4-5 years ago, and now mine has begun to wander. I called RCBS and customer service told me to check that the feet were not screwed all the way up into the base. Good advice, as it started working again. Now it is consistently throwing charges a couple tenths of a grain heavy. It lives indoors (not in the garage, like my Dillon electronic scale used to) and has never been abused. But now I have to check each charge on a balance beam scale to make sure it's accurate, and that's after setting the Chargemaster to throw charges a couple tenths of a grain below what I want.

I guess I'm cheap, as I expected more from a tool I spent so much money on.

Don't get me started on the Chargemaster . . . I thought when I bought mine it was a perfect tool for reloading several hundred rounds a month. That was 4-5 years ago, and now mine has begun to wander. I called RCBS and customer service told me to check that the feet were not screwed all the way up into the base. Good advice, as it started working again. Now it is consistently throwing charges a couple tenths of a grain heavy. It lives indoors (not in the garage, like my Dillon electronic scale used to) and has never been abused. But now I have to check each charge on a balance beam scale to make sure it's accurate, and that's after setting the Chargemaster to throw charges a couple tenths of a grain below what I want.

I guess I'm cheap, as I expected more from a tool I spent so much money on.
I hear that!! With any electronic scale, you should always have an accurate beam scale standing by just in case.