Oh Yes I Did

Muddyboots

So last night I cleaned back of my truck out, reorganized it with cart, climber, gear etc. I pulled everything out and it was neat as a pin for this mornings hunt. The property I hunt is about 30 minutes from my house where I killed 2 nice bucks there last year; one scoring 156 7/8. Excited for this morning since it was 37 degrees after major cold front blew through last night from 75 yesterday to 37 so bucks are going to be on their feet cruising. I pull into my parking spot and got dressed. Cold wnw wind 10-15 mph so deer are going to be moving. I went to back of truck, opened it up and admired how neatly organized it was especially when there is more space when that big bow case is left back in the garage..... 🤬🤬🤬🤬I stripped down and drove home laughing what a dumas would do this. First time for everything! At least it wasnt a road trip! I got back climbed tree and within 10 min I had a 6pt walk under stand. Only deer I saw probably because herd went through when I was driving back from house.🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
Went on a hunt with my brother once. He drew a tag and I didn't have one but I came along for the ride and brought my 7wsm and range finder and all that just in case. We drove a full day and once we arrived and unpacked I hear him cussing at the back of the truck. He says brother I have a problem.... he left his gun.... anyway he ended up taking a 141" 8 point @ 366 yards with my 7wsm. Took some serious talking to to even get him to shoot that far. He is a 200 and in kinda guy. But he ended up putting a 162 amax right where it belongs. After the trip was over he asked me what kinda groups this rifle shoots at that range... told him about 1"-1.5". He said that's better than mine at 200 yards. He now has 3 custom rifles and shoots with me regularly

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.