Oh NO! On Empty!

In Oregon the liquor store are still going and the pot shops are also considered a must have also. Had to go get the old lady's precipitation for her and you couldn't believe the lines in front of them. Almost all the cars had Idaho plates.

We can still pig hunt and fish.

Attachments

• AEEBB7B7-3866-41B1-98AA-02CD8E0F0A13.png
    AEEBB7B7-3866-41B1-98AA-02CD8E0F0A13.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 29
OK, keep the "shots" coming! Another ouch!

I can go to grocery store but due to wife having depressed immune system I went over a week ago just before the bell curve started and purchased over $600 of groceries to hold us probably for 4-5 weeks. Maybe longer depending upon how much venison I eat to allow her the normal groceries. She is not much on venison! I do not plan on leaving homestead until the curve is on backside and even then for limited run as needed. Just one of those things you just have to do. Zero risk is as close as we can get to is what will protect her against the possibility of catching this. I don't even want to think of the end result if she did. I almost lost her 10 years ago to this and I do not care to see her go through anything like that again. Nor me.

I do plan on ordering and have a method to kill anything on packaging that is highly effective. I have a 150 qt cooler with a grate in it that I place the items of concern and then place my Ozonics unit in it for 10 minutes. Remove the unit quickly and let the contents "stew" in ozone for as long as I care to do. Sometimes the items are in there for overnight when I simply forget they are in there so no worries then. Ozone is an effective mitigation for most anything. Interior contents of items are wiped as needed. Just got to do what you have to survive.

I'm not an expert at all on whiskey or scotch but I thought I'd share something a friend had on our last camping trip. This Tincup whiskey was about the smoothest I've ever drank:

stay healthy and strong my fellow Americans!

I don't know, Muddy--looks like hard times ahead for us Americans who have everything anyone could possible want 😏
When I saw your first post and pic I could hear Scooby-Doo in the background saying, "Ruh Roh!"

Eureka! Reading posts I had an epiphany! I thought I had a small bottle stashed in my elk camping gear and trashed basement looking for it and YEP! OK, small victories in tough times can still be rewarding! Now for rationing!View attachment 185121

Better stay at home and keep your lady and yourself safe then.

I hadnt seen a bottle of Schenley in almost 20 years. My dad had gotten a bottle as a gift when he got married, that was 47 years ago and I want to say about 19 years ago my cousin and I opened it (my dad was not a whisky guy) and wow, that thing was so aged and smooth, ai can still taste it.

Cheers and stay safe

OK, I've seen enough pics of single malts here that I reached in to get 3 fingers and OMG! I haven't really looked in cabinet for quite some time and what I found was troubling beyond belief. No other bourbon on hand! Cannot leave house in Declared Emergency! I am now thinking of building a still! nobody delivers out into country either!

View attachment 184894
I have been doing a little home schooling for the children.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585926779032.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585926779032.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 30
The Schenley was from my Father In Law's basement that I found after he passed quite a few years ago. Not sure how old it is but it does go down nicely. So for now, back to one finger rationing. You can run with that all you want.

I have maybe one 3 finger left of Glenfiddich too.

If you can only leave for an emergency, I can't think of a bigger one. "Out of Spirits" would rank high on my emergency list.

that's terrible.......our liquor stores are still open in NC, they're considered essential.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.