Oh No!!! I ruined my barrel with a bronze brush!

I call BS on the cause of the damage using a copper/bronze brush. Even with an abrasive the brush will wear out way before the barrel will.
It may be possible if a stainless steel brush was used but even then I would be expectong to see corresponding damage of some degree in the grooves.

Yeah, it would take a lot of effort to cause that kind of damage. And we do not know how that barrel was cleaned - # of strokes or actual brush type, type of abrasive etc. But I think it is important to be fair and present all the information in its original context, that is all.

The bristles of the brush would have to hit exactly in the same spot repeatedly to wear grooves into a barrel as seen in that picture. It ain't happening.

Does anyone really believe that the bristles of a brush are going to hit exactly in the same spot over and over to create those grooves as seen in that picture?

The bristles of the brush would have to hit exactly in the same spot repeatedly to wear grooves into a barrel as seen in that picture. It ain't happening.

Does anyone really believe that the bristles of a brush are going to hit exactly in the same spot over and over to create those grooves as seen in that picture?

No I don't believe it at all.