Oh my surely not

Good stable you got there. I have 22-250x2, 220 swiftx2, 260 AIX2, 250-3000, 270 WIN x3, 7MM Mauser, 300 Savage, 308AI, 30-06 x2, 300 H&H which is getting AI'd.....of course there was a terrible boating accident recently 😃
I remember your boating accident. I am pretty sure we have all had boating accidents or dropped our guns down a volcano we were hunting in. Such a shame.

I'm still laughing. "Smokeless powder is a fad!!!" I love it. As some of you know, My favorite Whitetail Deer Rifle is my Weatherby Ultralight in .270 Win, and also my Weatherby Mark V in .270 Weatherby Mag . YES, I have two 30-06 rifles, and YES I have a 300 Weatherby Mag , but on medium sized game, I just Like the .270 Win. with a 130 grn. Ballistic Tips and for the .270 Weath. Mag I use the 150 Grn Accubond LR with lots of H 4831. What is really Great is all the choices we actually have . Although I have no personal Interest in the 6.5 Creedmoor, I think it lead to the development of the 6.5 PRC , and closed the gap between it and the 6.5 X 284. So for the 6.5 Guys, keep up the good work, you almost made a 270 Win. Talk about Fads!!!! Ha ha Ha

First deer rifle at 10 years old was a .30-06, still have it and love it. Went to .25-06 for years for our Coastal Black-Tailed, still have it and love it. Used 6.5 Creed, .264 Win Mag, .308 Win, .338 Win Mag, and now a .338 Lapua Mag., still have them all and love'em!

I'm not the crumudgeon, there's just always one out there. I shoot a Creedmoor on occasion, and I have a hard time finding hair ties for my man bun.

I would shoot my 30-06 more, but the barrel isn't threaded. I have the Creed because I got a Bergara that was factory threaded and the ballistics are fine for its job. At this point I care more about being suppressed than caliber. A bullet is just a ball of energy, it's my job to put it in the right place. I have everything from a 17HMR to 300 RUM depending on what the energy level needs to be.
Your sarcasim in the earlier section was good. My dad used to make replica arrows and had a guy call up and order something with ridiculous demands. My dad in turn told he wanted to be paid in gold, etc. It was a funny story.

Your sarcasim in the earlier section was good. My dad used to make replica arrows and had a guy call up and order something with ridiculous demands. My dad in turn told he wanted to be paid in gold, etc. It was a funny story.
I once had a junky old VW. I jokingly said to a friend "lock the doors, don't want anyone stealing the gold bars". Some dudes in the parking lot thought I was locking the doors to keep them out and wanted to fight us for prejudging them. Sarcasm is a fun tool, but can backfire sometimes :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.