Often misspelled or misused word here in LRH ...

........ In spite of my spelling skills, like many, I'm just a very bad typist !!! so misspelled words are normal plus being sort of a red neck, I use words that are spelled in a different language. Ha, Ha, :rolleyes: J E CUSTOM..........

Only class I ever failed was typing, and once upon a time I won Spelling Bees.

Also a little on the cheap side when it comes to a new keyboard.;)

YZ-80 , that's a good one I got it and added an O to the two in my mind for you . I'm a hunt and peck key board guy myself . I didn't take typing I took mechanical drafting instead as I was looking to my future even at that time in life .

I see it frequently where people misuse use Caliber (or as we say here Calibre) when talking about a cartridge where it refers to a projectile diameter.

Merriam-Webster Logo

cal·i·ber | \ ˈka-lə-bər , British also kə-ˈlē- \

variants: or calibre

Definition of caliber

1a: degree of mental capacity or moral quality teachers of high caliber
b: degree of excellence or importance; the caliber of instruction
2a: the diameter of a bullet or other projectile
b: the diameter of a bore of a gun usually expressed in hundredths or thousandths of an inch and typically written as a decimal fraction ie .32 caliber
3: the diameter of a round or cylindrical body especially : the internal diameter of a hollow cylinder
Synonyms

I didn't take typing I took mechanical drafting instead as I was looking to my future even at that time in life .

Smart man. But honestly, think of all the great electives a high school kid can take advantage of nowadays! Courses on intersectionality, unconscious bias, Heather has 2 Mommies, etc. The World is their oyster and they will obviously be better prepared for it than we were.

Last edited:
.......I'm a hunt and peck key board guy myself . I didn't take typing I took mechanical drafting instead as I was looking to my future even at that time in life ........

I was never sure how I got routed to a typing class. If I had known it would being a necessary skill set, I might have taken it seriously.