Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

WWP,
Sorry you had a less than desirable result. As was stated earlier, this was very unusual. Glad you got your animal. It is possible that your bullets were somehow different from normal?
The overwhelming majority of hunters are experiencing exceptional performance from Hammers.
Regarding bullets opening sooner - Hammer Hunters open slightly slower than Shock Hammers, but still normally devestate both lung nodes. Shocks usually open very quickly, devastate the first lung node, and damage the second node. Higher velocity is your friend with all Hammers.
Hammers are a different breed of bullet and require different thinking. You are used to shooting heavier (180gr) bullets - like most of us. If you go to a lighter bullet (say 150 or Less!) You will increase your impact velocity and the bullet deformation occurs faster, with more dramatic results.
Food for thought. A recent post on 800 yd impacts (on hogs) with Hammers shows normal, expected performance.
Hope you'll try them again😁
I Concur

It is possible that your bullets were somehow different from normal?
The overwhelming majority of hunters are experiencing exceptional performance from Hammers.

Go back and look thru the pics in this thread. There is a lot more entrance and exit pics like mine than most of you remember. A lot of guys are just happy with a dead critter. Most of these guys are not really looking at the timing of the expansion via the bullet path as I did with my pics.

By looking at all the pics I could and doing a comparison with my results I personally feel it's way more prevalent that what you think. And unless Steve is testing each rod he gets in from his supplier molecularly. There will be slight differences in opening speed in each box you buy. In a game where inches matter it was enough for me to go back to lead where the there is a more consistency in performance.

300 Sherman, impact velocity was 27-2800. The first one I wouldn't of found had it not broken his off shoulder. He was still alive when we got to him 30min later. Shot him again in the neck at 3 yards. Waited then had to knife him to finally put him down. Steve sent me new ones after that failure. Then I lost one shot thru the shoulder quartering to me as the bullet didn't exit. Very little blood and we tracked it for 3/4 mile on pin drops. Then this one that I got to watch stand there and bleed out.

Never had that happen with Accubonds.
Every hand loader has most likely had a bad experience with at least one bullet. I happen to be in the camp of "not impressed" with accubonds. Now granted my sample size is two, I shot two mature whitetail bucks last year and both entrance and exit were caliber sized on both deer. Luckily the bullet did what it was supposed to, to some degree, because both deer were found with minimal effort. I say that because the areas I shot the two deer were not densely covered with vegetation where, if it was south texas, I may not have found them due to lack of blood trails.

OP please excuse my sidebar as it has no real relation to this thread. Moving on.....

Every hand loader has most likely had a bad experience with at least one bullet. I happen to be in the camp of "not impressed" with accubonds. Now granted my sample size is two, I shot two mature whitetail bucks last year and both entrance and exit were caliber sized on both deer. Luckily the bullet did what it was supposed to, to some degree, because both deer were found with minimal effort. I say that because the areas I shot the two deer were not densely covered with vegetation where, if it was south texas, I may not have found them due to lack of blood trails.

OP please excuse my sidebar as it has no real relation to this thread. Moving on.....
There is no magic bullet but the hammer is as close as you can get I had a experience with a 124 gr out of my 6.5 prc last year a doe ran about 50 yds after what I thought was a perfect shot after examining the shot it was a high lung shot nearly in what I call no man's land at 225 yds not a lot of blood until the end of the trail absolutely no fault of the bullet it existed the size of a golf ball with minimal blood shot meat if the shot would have been one in lower it would have been drt the bullet did it's job so I always verify before I draw a conclusion on a bullets terminal performance

It's a 9 twist and the bullet requires a 9.5.
Run your load through a stability calculator. You need AT LEAST 1.5 stability for good terminal performance (not just flight through air). We are learning that Hammers do better in the 2.0+ range. Curious what your numbers come out?
That's all else I can think of 😀???
Look at the thread Longrangish hammers just posted. This is more like comments that usually show up?

Not really, look at those pics close. A bullet sized entry wound. That's a blood clot next to it making it appear larger than what it is. The same bullet sized entrance hole in the first lung. Exit it is starting to open. Finally opens in second lung and sheds petals when it hits the exiting rib. This is the 2nd elk I've shot with them that it's done the same penciling thing. The bullets didn't open till just before the exit. I am going back to Accubonds. I Want that first lung just as damaged as the second. That way I can recover the quartering to elk I shot that I didn't recover from the hammer.
Since when is quartering to an ok shot? Im an opportunist, but really? Elk are one of the toughest critters in north america and we're taking quartering to shots and then complaining about the results? Sorry, been thinking bout this for days but now ive been drinking so its coming out.

Since when is quartering to an ok shot? Im an opportunist, but really? Elk are one of the toughest critters in north america and we're taking quartering to shots and then complaining about the results? Sorry, been thinking bout this for days but now ive been drinking so its coming out.

Drinking and posting is never good, nobody asked your opinion. Your not the hunting police.