Official 2022 Varmint Post

Finally got a break from work, Holidays, the wind & thunderstorms, a decent evening of thinning gophers in the mountains. My 6yr old killed his first 3 gophers. These are his very first kill pictures…….using a tack driving little Marlin single shot 22lr that's waiting for a jailed suppressor
8DE78064-A567-4B0E-992F-2D42C4C9203A.jpeg
AD79F2B6-53E6-4867-B910-579A3FF92137.jpeg

Awesome! Beautiful rig, too! But, you didn't say how far the neck shot was. Just curious... I also see by your setup that you shoot long range competitively. I have not shot competitions, but do enjoy shooting a small range up to 975 with one of my 6 CMs and the 108 Hornadys.

Awesome! Beautiful rig, too! But, you didn't say how far the neck shot was. Just curious... I also see by your setup that you shoot long range competitively. I have not shot competitions, but do enjoy shooting a small range up to 975 with one of my 6 CMs and the 108 Hornadys.
Yes that's my PRS rig that I compete with. The first shot was a off hand shot whike he was trotting away somewhere between 150-200 yards. First round hit him in the rear-top back dropping him instantly. I watched him for a min then he tried to get back up. I repositioned and got a stable rest with the bipod and threaded the finishing shot in behind his ribs which exited out his chest/neck junction. He was hard quartered away.

I like to see young boys ( and girls!) Getting into hunting and shooting.
I had an hmr, but went to the WSM. Big difference and I can reach out over 300 yrs. on prairie dogs. Took a few chucks too. Both rounds are fine.

I like to see young boys ( and girls!) Getting into hunting and shooting.
I had an hmr, but went to the WSM. Big difference and I can reach out over 300 yrs. on prairie dogs. Took a few chucks too. Both rounds are fine.
17wsm is undoubtedly superior. I've had the hmr since before the 17wsm so I've stuck with it. My furthest kill with it in a woodchuck was 247