off to zapata tx

well we got there about 2:30 yesterday got in the blind about 3:00 the wind was blowing from 35 -40 mph only a few does braved the wind. if you all remember last year my son tried to take his first deer but got a bad case of buck fever and forgot to get the rifle snug against his shoulder and got kick pretty hard he's been afraid to shoot it since. he tried to shoot it a few weeks ago when i was chronoing some loads for my 300 wm but he could'nt sgueze the trigger there was sweat coming of his brow he was so worried about it kicking him again. yesterday evening a doe came out about 75 yds from the blind and he wanted to shoot it with all the wind we had'nt seen any bucks moving so i told him he could shoot when i told him it was allright i had him watch it through the scope for about 15 minutes till i was sure he was clam (i was afraid he might freeze and not be able to make the shot) but when the doe turned broad side to us i told him to take it and he made a perfect heart shot. we did'nt see any bucks with all the wind which was worse today but this is the best hunt i've been on to date ryan got his first deer and overcame his fear i'm really proud of him and i think hes going to make a fine hunter and sportsman
ryansdoe002.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.