Off to Colorado for a Fallow deer and sheep hunt...

Fiftydriver,
I know this happened over 5 months ago!!! Where was I? I had not read it. Great story... Sorry to do this to you my friend, where are the pictures? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eaglet,

Here is the pic of the Phantom Fallow.

304209.jpg

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Sniper2,

I do not believe so, while the chocolate and fawn color Fallow deer are more numerous, there is an actual white color phase for the Fallow. He did not have the pink eyes and nose of a genetic albino. Just the color he was.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, just from the photo he is just the white phase of the fallow. You have any other exotic hunts planned? I'm always looking for a new hunt
TODD

Amigo, You're right!
Four color forms predominate in the Fallow Deer and white is one of them. The white coloration, with dark eyes; not true albinism. Native to the Mediterranean region of Europe and Asia Minor. This deer has been introduced to 93 Texas counties, primarily in the Edwards Plateau region. In 1988, the Texas population was estimated to be 14,163, both free-ranging and confined animals combined.
http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/cervdama.htm

Bigbearhunter,

Right now I am just trying to get customers their rifles before this big game season. Have not thought alot about doing any exotic hunts, generally start to plan after the big game season rush.

I will say that Richard Graves and I have been talking about going on a Nilgai hunt possibly this spring but we are both so **** busy right now we can hardly think about that now.

He keeps trying to talk me into a Musk Ox or Walrus hunt as well and I keep telling him I am not man enough for those extreme temps. He may convince me someday and we will do those as well.

Always open to exotic hunts. I have a real desire to hunt mature Axis bucks. I was on an archery hunt in the Hill country in Texas a few years back and had two +35" bucks pass about 45 yards out from my stand. Ever since I have wanted in the worst way to hunt these with my Allen Magnum rifles.

I believe the next exotic hunt I do will either be the nilgai or an Axis in Texas.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
Great story, I felt as if I were apart of the hunt. Which in the situation I'm in now is as close as I'll get for about a month. I'm setting here dreaming about hunting while nursing my double hernia repair on "the twins" if you know what I mean.
Thanks fot the uplifting story.
Brandon

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.