Off to Canada for a Whitetail hunt

Bud

I'd try rattling if the grunt and bleat don't work. (For a buck that size and consistently in that area I'd put on my luck amulet, rub my luck coin and even wear girlie underware if I thought it'd bring him in close .)
grin.gif

Alberta is an AWESOME place to hunt.

I live right in the middle of it and have nearly shot myself broke the last few years. I am primarily a varmint hunter but am exploring the idea of going after deer for some long-range hunting.

Last year's gopher crop was astounding. We practically had to shoot our way out of the truck as the gophers were so thick on the ground. Myself and 2 friends shot 1200 gophers in two days, in a single field (approx 1/2 section). We took more than 2000 gophers out of that field last year

For those not in the know, a gopher is a ground squirrel about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of a prairie dog. The body of a gopher is about the same size as your outstretched hand.

They are tough targets at long range cause they are small and don't stand still for long.

We also have amazing coyote hunting here. Something to keep in mind once you have filled all your buck tags. Alberta coyotes average about 20-30 lbs and usually have beautiful winter coats if you get them at the right time of the year.

Peter Cronhelm

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.