Off centered flash hole ADG brass

Not at all what I was expecting as a response ^^^^^^. I reckon my main gripe is these all have someone's initials as inspected. If we aren't happy with it why would they be when they are evaluating them. Just to be sure @DJ Fergus your batch is the newest that was ran in the last several week?

Has anyone with a new lot checked neck thickness or weight concentricity? I'm beginning to get a little alarmed they aren't concerned with producing an above average product.

Has anyone with a new lot checked neck thickness or weight concentricity? I'm beginning to get a little alarmed they aren't concerned with producing an above average product.
I think it is premature to say they aren't concerned with producing a quality product. If that is the case then they will soon be just another crappy brass maker and that would be an about face for them.

I'm also not saying they should get a free pass for any and all mistakes, but we shouldn't expect them to have zero issues.

Weighed a few. About 213 grains. Same as my other lot from who knows when that weight around the 213 mark, I also sized a few and came up with the same inside diameter as what my other lot is running.. so thickness seems to be same as my old lot

I found this in a piece of new adg 300 PRC brass today it was pretty hard to get out.
829763AB-C36C-497F-97EA-1FB90F5BD8AE.jpeg

BA50AE83-E100-48F3-98DD-06B666C9E1F0.jpeg

When your mass producing brass stuff happens even with lapua and some how gets past QC, especially in times like these. I've loaded a lot of adg brass in different cartridges for customers and have rarely seen any issues with ADG besides some debris in a few cases but never this big. Contact them and I'm sure they will make it right.

About 4 months ago, I had one 7mm rem mag brass that had a crinkle in the neck, from a batch of brass I had bought over a year prior and just got around to opening to use. Contacted them, and they asked me what lot they were from, and sent me one from that exact lot, as well as a hat. I would bet they will take care of ya
Had same issue a while back as well with a batch of .300 Win brass. They took care of the situation promptly. I started a thread on it when it occurred..
BD1668FC-7B95-4935-BD3B-546D548175FA.jpegB3E513CD-B62F-4212-B986-92712CDAEEE9.jpeg

Not at all what I was expecting as a response ^^^^^^. I reckon my main gripe is these all have someone's initials as inspected. If we aren't happy with it why would they be when they are evaluating them. Just to be sure @DJ Fergus your batch is the newest that was ran in the last several week?
I purchasesd these around a week ago as soon as creedmoor sports had them in stock. I assume they are very recently produced. Lot # 21197-1-58-3-10

I think it is premature to say they aren't concerned with producing a quality product. If that is the case then they will soon be just another crappy brass maker and that would be an about face for them.

I'm also not saying they should get a free pass for any and all mistakes, but we shouldn't expect them to have zero issues.
I apologize if it was taken that way sir, I was intending to say I'm was concerned they may slipping. As we all know mass production is not a flawless production. If the brass still specs out as should I'm sure it will be just fine.

Edit- I really should have kept that to myself honestly, as you mentioned it was still premature.

Last edited:
Having worked in the electromagnetic industry with high volume production for many years, the QA/QC sample size at various stages of the process is a tiny percentage. In addition, the initial of the inspector does not constitute they inspected the entire process. If inspection is done 100%, it would be very expensive. As others have noted, they will more than likely make it right for you.

Good luck and happy, safe reloading, shooting, and hunting.

Ed

Having worked in the electromagnetic industry with high volume production for many years, the QA/QC sample size at various stages of the process is a tiny percentage. In addition, the initial of the inspector does not constitute they inspected the entire process. If inspection is done 100%, it would be very expensive. As others have noted, they will more than likely make it right for you.

Good luck and happy, safe reloading, shooting, and hunting.

Ed
Mr Ed I have found a wealth of knowledge in your posts over the years and thank you for that. Would you think there is any concern to flash holes being off? So far all of us have preset much agreed that it's just the point of the cost and having high expectations for ADG. I don't intend to ask ADG for new brass but if for some reason they had 200pcs that were defect free I would certainly swap them, if not then I'm still not upset about it but do want to reach out to them.

Mr Ed I have found a wealth of knowledge in your posts over the years and thank you for that. Would you think there is any concern to flash holes being off? So far all of us have preset much agreed that it's just the point of the cost and having high expectations for ADG. I don't intend to ask ADG for new brass but if for some reason they had 200pcs that were defect free I would certainly swap them, if not then I'm still not upset about it but do want to reach out to them.

Thank you for the kind words. I too have learned a lot from the good folks here that are always willing and able to help the LRH community. My learning is still ongoing.

"My" only concern is already addressed by @P7M13 in #9.

Cheers!

Ed

Alright guys I finally was able to stop missing phone calls from ADG and was able to talk with Greg today for a bit. First off the gentleman was very polite, humble and receptive to the quality issue. He did inform me they typically achieve 1% sampling for inspection of each batch (400-500pcs), dump the bin them grab another batch from the lot and sample again. We discussed the issue and like most of you do not feel there will be a measurable difference in accuracy. He expressed the sympathy for paying the money of ADG brass and not being on par with previous lots but was completely sold out of all 6.5 with the exception of seconds/blemish which I feel would be a lesser grade product than what I have now. He very clearly stated multiple times that if there was an accuracy issue that he would make it right. He stated the issue resulted from the machine that pierces the flash holes hand a broke component then evidently they failed to "calibrate" or reposition the tool as intended. In summary I have respect for ADG and their response, I plant to prep a small batch and give them a whirl in my 1st step load development which is 600-1000yd ladder test followed by fine charge testing within those nodes. Unless something happens I will prep the rest and keep chugging along.