Off centered flash hole ADG brass

As long as the decaping pin lines up....
This is the only problem that I can see with off center flash hole, Deprime slowly feeling for resistance due to the depriming pin not aligning with the flash hole. Put one in the press now and run the deprimer through it and see if it is misaligned. That issue alone should make ADG do something about it. The reason you pay top dollar for premium brass is reloadability.

I'm with you on performance since it will still ignite just fine and powder will always sit in the bottom of the case in the chamber but was surprised. Will definitely call them, they have always been great with customer service.
Let me know what they say…. I think my lot is the same number. I have a older lot they are all centered or apear to be. Edit: Just ran em thru my die and no issues .. but still I'd like to know if something happened at the factory

Attachments

• 66D4E1F9-9463-4188-ACA5-6EE9E0394A0E.jpeg
    66D4E1F9-9463-4188-ACA5-6EE9E0394A0E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Let me know what they say…. I think my lot is the same number. I have a older lot they are all centered or apear to be. Edit: Just ran em thru my die and no issues .. but still I'd like to know if something happened at the factory
Those flash hole certainly look punched.

About 4 months ago, I had one 7mm rem mag brass that had a crinkle in the neck, from a batch of brass I had bought over a year prior and just got around to opening to use. Contacted them, and they asked me what lot they were from, and sent me one from that exact lot, as well as a hat. I would bet they will take care of ya

20210524_170341.jpg
20210601_173948.jpg

About 4 months ago, I had one 7mm rem mag brass that had a crinkle in the neck, from a batch of brass I had bought over a year prior and just got around to opening to use. Contacted them, and they asked me what lot they were from, and sent me one from that exact lot, as well as a hat. I would bet they will take care of ya
I feel very confident they will welcome the feedback. I'm not real concerned with the issue as I doubt there would be a measurable difference with centered brass. As a certified nutcase with OCD and obsessed with perfection plus I'm a welding inspector for a living I am interested in there reaction and if it meets there standards.

I got a batch from Creedmoor sports. Same issues with the flash holes. I contacted ADG and they said they had to make an adjustment to the machine. They are out of 6.5 saum brass. They offered to replace mine with seconds but honestly, what I have is already seconds. I primarily size mine through a Lee collet die which really needs the mandrel's decapper pin centered up in a centered flash hole so as not to induce runout. I'm not all together pleased but I also understand they don't have anymore to send me. This sort of thing wouldn't be as much of a surprise if it were federal, Winchester or the likes. I just feel like it's not something that you would expect from a premium brass manufacturer & bought at a premium price.