Of Waffles And Bobcats

ADMIN

Administrator
The first stand was a blank but the rim is over a half mile long, so I suggested we move down the rim and set up again. It's a great rim with boulders strewn along the hillside below it-ideal habitat for a desert bobcat. We set up quartering one of the boulders. We set the Foxpro Fury and Jack Attack decoy 65 yards upwind in case a coyote came in and I started the Foxpro with my usual bobcat standby, Adult Cottontail. After a couple of minutes, I gradually increased the volume to almost max then backed it back down. Then at ten minutes I switched up to the Baby Cottontail sound and a couple of minutes later Ben says he's got a 'cat spotted.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Of Waffles And Bobcats, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Nice cat! Win Lose or Draw prayer is always the best way to go. That waiting to hear back is the tough part young or old. Tell Ben congratulations, and keep me posted on the fur buys I'm really interested. Thanks for taking me on another hunt. Carl

This 'cat didn't quite measure up to the one you graciously let me take on our coyote hunt but it was a nice specimen none the less! Ben was quite happy and relieved by the outcome anyway!

So far, it's a secret. I didn't find it 'til this morning! I'm sure that having his picture on the Long Range Hunting site will make his day, though!

Oh, my. No, I didn't realize he was on the COVER. Not sure how we'll live with him now! His brothers always tease him about having a big head. Now he'll have a BIG HEAD to go with his big head. :rolleyes:

Congrats Ben, but you should have had pancakes and eggs, you may have got a big male! You still aren't as photogenic as your cousin Kristy.

Noone is as photogenic as Kristy, we know that! Welcome aboard LRH, Lewis! Any bear tags this spring?

Kristy has a SW spring bear, I just bought a point for next year. I hope to at least get a turkey hunt if I get time!

Yeah, that's Kristy's column. She made the cover of Woman Huynter nagazine this month as well. She'll be on the RMEF show, Elk Country (I think), this season as well. She's a good gal and a good spokesperson for the sport.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.