Odd things we say

Dave King

Just saw the post about Canadian Geese in New Zealand and got to thinking (yup, again).

What are some of the odd things we do and say and why do we say and do them???

I've long wondered about what "in front of my back" really means. Isn't my front, in front of my back? If someone does something behind me it should be "in back of my back"

He's something else, nearly on a different subject. At work (this is for real, I could post a picture to prove it), there is a one-way dead end street. First time I saw it I couldn't believe it existed, thought only Steven Wright would consider such a thing.

Here's a special for Len.... How about that "unthaw" ritual folks do up there in the Wisconsin northwoods??? My in-laws are nearly always unthawing something or other! (Safety tip... don't try to correct them or question this practice, just accept that it happens.)

Why do you put your left shoe on first??

Why are womens buttons and zippers "backwards"?

Who has ever used those two extra buttons on the bottom of the shirt??? Why do shirt manufacturers feel the need to get rid of buttons so badly they'll put extra on even though no one ever uses them. (The nut and bolt folks need to take lessons from the shirt people, I'm always short a nut or bolt (be careful, I heard that "screw loose" comment!).

How long does it take before we cut ourselves playing with our new knives even though we know better, and why do we do that?? (Thanks again Petander, that was a sharp knife, shoulda come with a warning label
smile.gif
)

Someone elses turn.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Oh, I like this game!
Try this one out-
Why do we call our gunsmith to order a lightweight hunting rifle only to get the stock in heavy fill and then ask if that will be heavy enough to handle the recoil of the big ol' 308????
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, I screwed up once, but I never screwed down.?!
confused.gif
If you pick your nose does it mean you're keeping your nose clean?

Buckdeer, you a controller?

..Again, Dave, we disagree.. I always put my left shoe on last.. 'Cause when I put on one, the other is left..!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Hehehe.. Eeeewww.. That was bad..

.. Why isn't phonetically spelled the way it sounds.?

..On the new sharp knife front.. I bought a nice little Case at a gunshow.. One day I'm out beside the house with the phone plugged into the box trying to prove to the telco that the problem was in their outside lines.. I'm talkin to Roy and foolin around in the box with the knife diggin somethin out when I drop it.. Natural reaction for me is to catch it. I did.. By the blade.. Luckily it was a nice clean cut and I'd had a recent tetnis(sp?) shot..
..Oh well.. Hehehe.. d:^) JiNC

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.