Odd rifle out. What to do?

KyleC

I have a well used 280 Ackley that I'm toying of what to do with. It was built by Gordy Gritters 12 or so years ago. Gordy bushed and sleeved the Remington 700 action, installed a Krieger 4/3 contour barrel and bedded it into a McMillan Classic Edge stock. It used to shoot any bullet into one ragged hole. When I put it back in the safe a couple years ago it seemed accuracy was starting to open up. It has some fire cracking in the throat.

I've recently aquired a Seekins Element 6.5 PRC and an Alamo Precision Altitude in 28 Nosler. Both of these stocks have vertical pistol grips and high combs which provide a much better cheekweld than the McMillan classic on the 280 AI.
I'm thinking of rebuilding the 280AI. Possibly having a Proof barrel put on and getting a AG Composite Alpine Hunter stock for it. Since I'm already set for dies and brass it makes some sense to leave it a .280 AI.
Any opinions?

If you wanted a lighter stock, the Manners EH1 at mid 20oz and if you wanted an adjustable comb, the Manners LRH at 32ish oz

Otherwise, I like your plan 👍

280 Ackley, Proof with an AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock
37D0C15A-1B3C-4AB5-8DFA-48BAACF25A3A.jpeg