Odd deer

Randy. If you still have those jaw bone photos, please post them for us to see.
"Age more than anything" ?? I am not convinced that even old age does not necessarily account for this aberration in the deer you killed.
I have never heard of age making sex organs fail to develop or disappear from animals in which they are already developed.

Pic of the belly isn't real clear....but does it have testicles??
Hair-wise..looks extremely healthy...I'd almost say it was an antlered doe....I've seen that once with a blacktail...
Strange...but not unique......eunuch....

Pic of the belly isn't real clear....but does it have testicles??
Hair-wise..looks extremely healthy...I'd almost say it was an antlered doe....I've seen that once with a blacktail...
Strange...but not unique......eunuch....
There were no visible sex organs. Just a small knub with a pee hole.

Fish n game biologist thinks its an old die that went thru the change.

Randy. If you still have those jaw bone photos, please post them for us to see.
"Age more than anything" ?? I am not convinced that even old age does not necessarily account for this aberration in the deer you killed.
I have never heard of age making sex organs fail to develop or disappear from animals in which they are already developed.
The head is in the freezer til I have a chance to take it to the skull cleaning outfit here in OK. When I get it back, I will post pictures.

Years ago my friend shot an odd looking buck. When he started dressing it he realized it didn't have any sex organs and was like what you described.
When he spoke with the Game Warden/Biologist the explanation he received was that it was most likely from inbreeding. The particular place he was hunting was pretty much cut off by high fences and roads which for the most part had that particular herd isolated from other herds.
It made sense at the time I guess.

Recent Posts