OCW test results

Did you see pressure at 63.6? Both 63.2 and 63.6 look promising, but it would be very valuable to see what 63.9 looked like. If the OCW node continues to 63.9, load 3 at 63.6 and run a few rounds through a chronograph and if the velocity is stable, start working on seating depth. I have used this method before with success, but I've also had some deceiving results. I strongly encourage to use a chronograph during the testing.

Correct me guys if I'm wrong. The way I understand OCW (optimum charge weight) is finding the powder charge weight that will produce the least bullet velocity variances in relation to powder charge weight increase or decrease and does not account for POI shot groups and harmonics. What we are interested here is the velocity which are least affected by continuously increasing the powder charges.

Correct me guys if I'm wrong. The way I understand OCW (optimum charge weight) is finding the powder charge weight that will produce the least bullet velocity variances in relation to powder charge weight increase or decrease and does not account for POI shot groups and harmonics. What we are interested here is the velocity which are least affected by continuously increasing the powder charges.

OCW does not look at velocity.