OCW Results, Please post

ACLakey

Please post your results if you have used Dan Newberry's Optimal Charge Weight method of load development. Pictures of your groups and resoning for picking your OCW would be appreciated. Thanks

I know this isnt what your looking for but after I read your thread I googled OCW and Im going to try it tomorrow. I had never heard of it but it sounds relatively easy and makes sense to me. Have you tried it yet? Thanks

I have not tried it yet, but interestingly enough some of the OCW loads that are posted for the 30-06 with H4350 have been dead on with what I have found in my rifles through ladder loads and trial and error. I am however going to use it to find a better fire forming load for my .223AI in the near future. At the moment I am trying to find out more info on the process. I did find these links if you are interested.

Dan Newberry's OCW Load Development System#

Practical Riflery Forums... techniques and equipment of the practical rifleman... :: Index

I've used both the Ladder and OCW. Both work and are faster than testing a lot of five shot groups with small changes but neither is magic. Seems to me the OCW is just a slighly more complex way of doing ladder tests, at least the way I do them. The old way worked too. ??

Before reading the links, I had no clue what OCW was thus have never used it. Thanks for posting the links.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.