OCW opinions?

I'm saying 42.1 looks good, not a whole lot of POI shift 1 up and 1 down, what distance are you shooting at?

For mine - 43.1 has the best group @ 100yds.
Just need to stretch it out a bit - as mentioned in other posts elsewhere.
Looks to be a 'no brainer' as mag length, powder weight and bullet weight seem to have gelled beautifully.

I like the 43.1 also. If you want to try a different load, I'd suggest a 185 Berger hybrid with 47.7 grains of PowerPro 2000MR. It's a hammer out of my 308 and velocities are 2750 out of my 24' barrel. I have a buddy with a 28" barrel seeing well over 2800. Nothing wrong with the load you are shooting, just making a suggestion for another 308 load. Good luck sir

Over the years have owned three, 308 Milspec 308's, used for factory class competition. Same load components as the OP's with extensive ladder, OCW, etc,etc. My optimized load with all three rifles to 600 yards was 43gr Varget, Fed210 with the 168SMK loaded to 2,810" COAL. 5 shot groups .25-.5MOA, ES <10 FPS. Performance of this load was just about identical to Federal Gold Medal Match. Handloads were had groups averaging .25MOA better, and half the ES of the Federal GM Match.

Over the years have owned three, 308 Milspec 308's, used for factory class competition. Same load components as the OP's with extensive ladder, OCW, etc,etc. My optimized load with all three rifles to 600 yards was 43gr Varget, Fed210 with the 168SMK loaded to 2,810" COAL. 5 shot groups .25-.5MOA, ES <10 FPS. Performance of this load was just about identical to Federal Gold Medal Match. Handloads were had groups averaging .25MOA better, and half the ES of the Federal GM Match.
308s just seem to like that combo.... but it definitely works!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.