Oculus scopes?

I'm waiting on my license but my rifle is on order, and I'm planning on picking up the 6-24x50 Oculus from Bass Pro after it shows up, I'll share my opinions.

They seem good in the store though.

I rate the quality of the 6-24x50 that I have somewhere around bushnell elite 3200 but lower quality image tHan leupold vx-1. It's not poorly built, but it kind of fills the starter scope niche. If you need to abuse and possibly tear up a tactical scope, it would be my choice over Nightforce. But if you want to set records for f class matches... The oculus isn't going to get you there.

I have just mounted a 6-24X50 Oculus on my Remington 700. I will be taking it to the range next week. I'll give you my impressions. However, looking thru the scope here at home, it appears the clarity/brightness rivals a Nikon. If you all don't mind, I'll be glad to post my long run experiences over time.

I purchased it thru Bass Pro, it was on sale for $50.00 off of list price, eligible for their 6 pay plan, and free shipping.

Yeah, the one I had wasn't a bad scope. It tracked okay, was moderately clear but had only basic features. I quickly switched to a Vortex Viper with zero stop.

If you have the money to go for a Viper... I would do it. If not, I would check your tracking on the range. For my gun, 22.4 MOA is 1000 yards, so I go from zero to 22.4 about 3 times. I use that to check my return to zero at 100 or 200 yards.

Ok, I went to the range, but didn't have much time. The scope have VERY positive clicks...1/4 in at 100 yards. Zeroing in the scope was a snap, I had it pre boresighted.

with ammo that I loaded, I did a cloverleaf, all rounds touching at 100 yards. While the scope is very clear, and the adjustments very positive, I did find the reticle a bit thick, but not way so. As i likely won't shoot over 500 yards, I don't think it a problem. As I shoot more, I'll drop some more thoughts on the scope, but so far, for the dollar, seems like a great buy.

Ok, I went to the range, but didn't have much time. The scope have VERY positive clicks...1/4 in at 100 yards. Zeroing in the scope was a snap, I had it pre boresighted.

with ammo that I loaded, I did a cloverleaf, all rounds touching at 100 yards. While the scope is very clear, and the adjustments very positive, I did find the reticle a bit thick, but not way so. As i likely won't shoot over 500 yards, I don't think it a problem. As I shoot more, I'll drop some more thoughts on the scope, but so far, for the dollar, seems like a great buy.

1/4 MOA? Or 1/8 MOA? The unit I had was 1/8 MOA and the clicks were positive and very close to that measurement.

OK, went out to the range, chrony'd my rounds, and decided to shoot some "military" silhouettes that measured 12" wide by 24" high. I could not be more pleased...The optics were as clear as a bell, and the reticle, which I thought might be too wide, was just perfect...I'm totally happy with the product...now the longevity test.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.