oberwerk 22x100

samson

Has anybody had any experience with Oberwerk optics? I spoke to Bobby Hart and he just got some in and said they have great clarity?

Samson

I have had several sets of the glasses you mentioned.

They come in 25X and 40X by 100mm on a turret and also an angled 25X by 100MM.

You can find them for around $900.00 to $1400.00 and they are made in China.
They are a copy of the old WW2 Zeiss and the optics are not too bad at all considering being made where they were.

They also come with their own wood tripod and a carry case.

They are quite large and that is a problem for most LR hunters. If your close to your vehical and are there all day, these glasses will work fine.

If you buy a set of them, check the coatings on the optics "first." Some of the earlier ones came through with mis-matched color coatings in each optic. As you know, the color should always be the same in both.

I think/hope they have corrected that.

For the price, they are very good.

Later
DC

samson, www.bigbinoculars.com
wink.gif

Sampson

The glasses I was refering to are the larger 100 MM optics with the angled 25X eyepieces or the 25X and 40X on a turret. They also come with their own tripod.

I was not talking about the 100 MM "Binocular Type" which are much cheaper and NOT as good optically. Like $395.00 in at the site 338 suggested looking at.

The ones I mentioned are around $1295.00 to $1495.00 on that site.

The "Binocular type" are NOT near the quality.

Later
DC

DC I am gearing towards the spacemasters but am weighing my options. Will The old spacemaster II scopes work? They have the grey finish on them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.