OAL

LRSHOOTER56

OK WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU GUYS USEING FOR YOUR OAL LENGTH IN YOUR REM 3OO ULTRA MAGS? DO YOU LOAD FOR THE MAG AT 3.600 OR LONGER FOR A ONE SHOT GUN?:rolleyes:

I have the wyatts extended box mag and I am curently loading 3.794 .

I shoot the 300 RUM berger 210.

I AM SHOOTING A REM 300 ULTRA MAG LSS , MY OAL IS 3.790 SHOOTS GOOD FOR ME BUT I DON't HAVE A BOX MAG I JUST LOAD ONE AT A TIME:) I CAN LOAD IT FAST FOR A SECOND SHOT, BUT I HAVE BEEN LUCKY NOT TO NEED ONE YET:D DID I SAY I LOVE THIS GUNgun)EVERYTHING I SHOOT IS DOAlightbulb LIGHTS OUT. 180 GR NOSLER ACCUBOND .

I am loading the 200gr Accubonds at 3.660 for magazine length and the 230gr bergers way longer. The Bergers are 10 thou off and are definitely just single loaded.

I AM SHOOTING A REM 300 ULTRA MAG LSS , MY OAL IS 3.790 SHOOTS GOOD FOR ME BUT I DON't HAVE A BOX MAG I JUST LOAD ONE AT A TIME:) I CAN LOAD IT FAST FOR A SECOND SHOT, BUT I HAVE BEEN LUCKY NOT TO NEED ONE YET:D
Best accuracy typically happens when the bullet's just touching the lands; that helps center the bullet in the bore when its fired. If you're pleased with the accuracy you get, then don't change a thing; it works for you and that's what counts.

PS:

Please use lower case letters; they're much, much easier for us to read. And lots of internetters feel like someone's shouting when they use all caps in their posts. But you seem to be a nice guy so I don't think anyone thinks your shouting at us.

Sorry bout the caps lock, my mistake.

:D But I just love my 300 ultra, also i want to get a rem 338 ultra also. some guys bash magnums but I love them recoil is no factor I grew up shooting mag loads hunting geese with my mossberg 835 3.5 mag:D

I was just out with my 300 ultra tonight. I always load to mag length with it, and you can get to 3.650 or so without dragging a bullet nose.
Pitching the 225 hornady with rl50 is always an experience in a 9# lh bdl. Grouped well though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.