O.K. tried Barnes TSX , any suggestions on another #1 bullet???/

NorthernSniper

Well I'm about to give up on Barnes TSX bullets, I think they could be the most accurate hunting bullet made ( the ogive profile is very similar to the SMK ) but not working out for me. What other premium hunting bullet is known for pin point accuracy ?? in 30 cal 168gr ? I'm shooting them out of a 308 WarBird so they will have to be capable of withstanding high velocity impact. I would like to have the accuracy performance so that I can reach out and touch something like an Elk or Moose. Thanks for any help!

Try the 200gr Accubond and Retumbo. It's proven very accurate in a number of rifles, I've only heard of two that didn't do well with the combo, and about 20-30 that did do well, so...

If you want something closer to the 168g try the hornady interbond in 165g. If they work for you and you want something a little less tough for smaller game use the hornady sst 165g. The sst and interbond are the same on the outside and have the same BC so you can ues the same load and drops for both bullets.

Have you tried any other weights of Triple Shocks? My rifle didn't like the 150's at all but the 168's shoot great. Maybe yours would like the 150's or 180's.

[ 01-13-2004: Message edited by: ktg ]

My rifle didn't like the 150 TSX either nor the 180's but does like the 168's. Problem is I'm getting pressure signs at minimum loads ect. apparently some types of rifling does not work well with the solid copper bullets.
confused.gif

I have found accuracy to be pretty close with both, they are both excellent. I expect it is fair to say that the Interbond will shoot at least as well as the SST and the Accubond will be at least as accurate as the Ballistic Tips. They are somewhat different in retained weight objectives. Hornady is striving for the high 70's to low 80 % retained weight, with expansion initiating and well underway in about four inches from impact. Nosler is going with slightly lower retained weight and at least as quick initiation of expansion.

Which is the more accurate bullet? Very tough to say, would be determined by your barrel. I have been getting sub 1/2" five shot groups with both. Have shot a lot of 150 and 165 Interbonds in the .308 Win. and the 200 Accubonds in my .300 WIn. and also another fellows Savage heavy barrel. The 200 Accubonds tracked almost perfectly with 200 Sierra Match Kings out of his rifle out to 1000 yards and they were amazingly accurate all the way.
Nosler originally entered the market with fairly heavy bullets in the Accubond line, intended for big magnums and big critters. Hornady went with lighter bullets with their Interbonds and they are obviously after deer sized critters.
Was told that for some reason, some of these bonded bullets are actually shooting better test groups than comparable non-bonded from the same manufacturer.
Newest .30 cal bullet is a wicked looking 180 Accubond from Nosler. Have them but have not shot any groups yet, too **** cold.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.