NZ Bull Tahr Hunt and Berger Performance

I really want to do this some time
Nasty looking country
Im not sure how to compare the country. I've watched a lot of youtube videos of Alaska sheep hunts and our terrain seems similar (That's a dream hunt for me). Only here its possibly steeper with bigger consequences if you get it wrong (please put me straight if I'm wrong!).
The scrub is pretty thick lower down and energy sapping if you have to go recovering animals in it!

Amazing what we pay our governments to do.

Here in NM, they paid professional hunters to go onto White Sands National Monument and kill the gemsbok (oryx). I have to give them credit though, because first they tried to herd them off range. After a couple of horses got gored, they decided that wasn't such a good idea. Oryx are the only antelope documented to have killed lions. On the MIssle range, hunters pay $300 (resident) or $1800 out of state for the priviledge of hunting them.

In the Grand Canyon, one of the premier trout fisheries in the world, the Fish & Wildlife idiots shocked the fish and threw the trout up on the bank to die to protect a couple of endangered species that had survived there for 30 years after Glen Canyon Dam.

Somehow, a few Tahr were established on Mt. Tayor, NM. There is an open season on them. Wolves and bear are what should be open season.

Mean as bro!

(Sorry, I love that saying from over there)

Very nice Tahr, and good looking gun. Any reason your not using a suppressor?

Mean as bro!

(Sorry, I love that saying from over there)

Very nice Tahr, and good looking gun. Any reason your not using a suppressor?
Thanks Bro!

Just personal preference really, I like suppressors on short barrel rifles or smaller calibres. My 20" 6.5x284 has a DPT supressor which is awesome.

On a rifle with a longer barrel or larger calibre I prefer a muzzle brake. Animals seem to react similar to both and often don't know where the noise came from.