NXS vs New IOR

That scope is the new Gen 4 model.

All the internals have been upgraded and users on Snipers Hide dot com report it tracks as good as Nightforce. There have been ZERO failures in the US of the Gen 4 models. IOR listened and fixed the internals to match the quality of the glass.

For a .338LM, I would not consider the Sightron or other lesser brand, they won't handle the recoil. IOR puts the scope that you want in their 50 caliber section of their website, so I doubt you will have any issues with it on a .338 Lapua.
Not realy sure why you doubt Sightron on a Lapua. I put over 100rnds under my 6-24x50lrmd/cm this weekend with a 300rum running 210vlds and 225hpbt hornadys and a 300wsm running 208amaxs. From ranges of 100-600yards. Absolutely flawless tracking and glass that went toe to toe with a friends brand new NXS 5.5-22 and was better. I like the NXS and have used but never owned multiple models. But I do not feel they live up to the price tag. I would definately pick up a used one at a discount but wouldnt pay full retail. If I would have seen this thread sooner, I would have highly recomended the new Sightron 6-24x50lrmoa.

Last edited:
Since I have put my SIII 6-24X50 LRMD on my 338 EDGE I have shot
around 400 rds through it and never had a problem, even with the
Hollands Radial baffle break on the other end.

The IOR glass if very nice and I know they have setup their reliability. I really like their MP-8 is a nice reticle. The NF has been one of the most reliable scopes we sell. I love their 0-Stop turrets, they track spot on, the MLR RET. is one of my favorites, and the overall feel of the Nightforce is awesome.

Mike @ CST

i havent used either of the scopes you mentioned. but from what i have read, the IOR has outstanding glass, the older IORs had iffy internals sometimes but supposedly that has been worked out in the newer gens. the NXS's are about as durable as you can get.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.