Nxs pictures

Gray R

Hey guys this is mostly just out of curiosity but I'm looking into buying a nightforce for my long gun and I was hoping those who have pictures through there scopes of different magnifications could put em up so I could see how effective reticle sand magnifications were. Thanks ahead in advance

Taking photos thru a scope is very challenging.
Good luck finding anything that is actually helpful unless you can find someone with some serious photography skills who has the time to goof around and set up and get quality photos. You would be much better off looking for someone near you with some different scopes that you want to look thru.
I live north of Atlanta and have one that you could check out.

Not what you are looking for but I think it is funny. The moose is with a Iphone and the elk are with a iPod.

Attachments

• Moose in Scope.jpg
    Moose in Scope.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 44
Great pictures! I'm impressed.
I was guessing that the OP wanted to get an idea about how clear the image was and it is very difficult to get that with photos. The best way is to try and get behind several different scopes and have them dialed to the same magnification and look through them at the same target back to back to back.

I appreciate it Brent that's exactly what I was lookin for. Is that the 5.5-22?

Yes. I would love to build an adaptor for my vid cam or my ipod for the field. I have been wanting to do it for a while but keep being distracted. If I have room and strength I pack my spotting scope and tripod and use those for pictures etc, and I rarely pull my rifle out of my pack.

NF has decent optics. Their real strength is consistency, glass is OK. I have looked through and played with other scopes in a more reasonable price range but I still like my NF better overall.

Just guessing, but judging by the way the pictures are taken I would say NF has a really good sight box. (if that's the proper term) I dislike having to move my head around to get a good sight picture.

Yeah there's scopes in a more reasonable price range that would almost certainly do what I require of them but I just have the bug for a nightforce. I hunt southeast georgia and we have to hunt a power line to get more than 200 yard shots but I plan on going somewhere out west with public land and a different set of animals to learn how to hunt so then I'll be able to justify it. Until then I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can buy once and cry once instead of dragging it out

Then NF might be your choice then. I really do like the scopes for what I do. I played with Vortex, Huskemaw, Leupold, Nikon, Konus, and Bushnell. I have a Leupold I just got back from them that had the M1 turrets installed. It is nice but it doesn't compare to the NF for LR work.

And the comparable leupolds that I've looked into are just about the same price as the nightforce so I'd rather get what I want than spend 2k and still be drooling

Here is a brown bear at 220 yards in the Brooks Range Alaska. He wandered within about 200 yards of camp and sat up on this hillside and we watched each other for about 5 minutes.

new to this website, and not sure if I attached the photo properly. My apologies if it didn't work

Attachments

• IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 42
Gray R,

There isn't a single thing about the NXS that you won't like especially if you get the 5.5-22 X 50 or 56.

Eye box is comfortable. NPR-1 reticule is to die for. Some like the newer fangled ones better but the NPR-1 is super for ELR stuff.

To make your rig look super macho use 2 sets of NF rings to mount it. Draws looks at the range or on the mountain.:)

Be sure to get the zero stop, at least. Such a thing didn't exist when I got mine. Lack of the zero stop causes me grief, big time! But then I'm know for being light in the remembery department.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.