NXS Owners- Read this !

Looks like I'll be sending my NF in for some retro work. I may be incorrect, but when I purchased my NF last summer I was under the impression that zero stops were only offered under military contracts. Since I'm just getting started in the click-it game, I suspect an extra $200 would be well worth it.

Wade

Mike

I assume you can send it in just for the retrofit. I had it there to be checked for "possible" damage to the elevation adjustment and to the objective bell. I could not find any sign of damage myself, but it costs me so much money to go hunting that I did not want to find out too late that something was loose and flopping around. They did not find anything wrong with the scope but they did not charge me anything but shipping for the checkup. When I called them to verify that they had received the scope I just verbally requested the "zero stop" and so they added it while they had it. Apparently they like to do business over the phone and do not like to do email.

Their receptionist is a very nice lady, their technician is a very nice guy and their shipping guy is very nice. Apparently, they must have a rule against hiring un-nice people.

Pstimac
Funny you should ask that. It is the first thing I noticed. The revolution markings were missing and the whole turret housing is different.

I sent the scope off in the middle of May and got it back, yesterday.

Mike

Pstimac
Funny you should ask that. It is the first thing I noticed. The revolution markings were missing and the whole turret housing is different.

Let me know if you like it that way or if you'd rather have the markings. I have the zero stop, and kind of wish I had the markings instead (or in addition to the zero stop feature).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.