NXS Owners- Read this !

Down Under Hunter

Just thought I'd let you all know something that I recently experienced with my NXS 5-22 x 56.

You probably have all seen the plastic washers or shims being marketed as a zero stop for the scope. After asking a few people who had used them, I decided due to the fact that the zero stop from NF is unavailable in Australia I'd try them out. I had them on for only a month . BIG MISTAKE !

As a few of you would have seen over the last 6 months I have battled with first round hits. Basically shooting over everything. I sent the scope back to the helpful people in Idaho and that quickly confirmed the click values were out due the the aftermarket shims.

I would like to thank the first class people for their expertise at Nightforce who quickly diagnosed the problem, rectified it and had it posted back ASAP ! My hats off to you guys.

Moral to the story- Dont use the plastic washers in your elevation turret. They will stuff your scope right up ! And you will be $130 plus postage the worse for it.

Cheers

DUH

Last edited:
Well, that is good to know being as I have made a lot of the washers and have put one on one scope, but have not actually used it yet.

Sorry, you had to find out the hard way, but thanks for warning the rest of us.

I made my own Zero Stop for the NXS scopes, and it has worked flawlessly over the years. When I get a chance, I'll install another one and take pictures as I go for a "how to" if anyone is interested.
If you don't feel up to the task, I may do them for members here for a small fee.

Paul,

The NF zero stop is really good and I highly recommend it. DUH would have one but due to some import/export issues they are not allowed in Australia, a strange deal. For those of us that are allowed them I recommend them very much. I even have them on my 1-4 NXS and it also has a windage stop at half way.

Paul,

The NF zero stop is really good and I highly recommend it. DUH would have one but due to some import/export issues they are not allowed in Australia, a strange deal. For those of us that are allowed them I recommend them very much. I even have them on my 1-4 NXS and it also has a windage stop at half way.

Shawn,
Is the windage stop custom or does that come standard with a zero stop scope?

Zero Stop

Thanks, Shawn. Is there a source of after market zero stops that can be put on other scopes? How does the windage one work?
Paul

Nf Nxs

Ive a NF NXS thats at NF as we speek getting fixed for the same problem,It had the zero stop washers on it.. NF scope's are Durable beyond the call of duty, BUT The turret assy was never designed to have forces pull up on the 110 TPI thread assy .

If a washer under the TURRET made a zero stop and it was that easy wouldnt Night Force sale the washers,The NF factory zero stop is bomb proof and smart and built to be a Zero stop without the upward force on the turret assy..

I know alot of others have the washer and do fine,, for NOW.

I came in 4th at the last match I went to, I checked my gun after the match and was 1 MOA lowe and 100 yards I know now why I was 4th place and 1MOA low at all ranges ....

Ive two other NF scopes that are nuts on and have no washer and will never see a washer..

ASM1

Ive a NF NXS thats at NF as we speek getting fixed for the same problem,It had the zero stop washers on it.. NF scope's are Durable beyond the call of duty, BUT The turret assy was never designed to have forces pull up on the 110 TPI thread assy .

If a washer under the TURRET made a zero stop and it was that easy wouldnt Night Force sale the washers,The NF factory zero stop is bomb proof and smart and built to be a Zero stop without the upward force on the turret assy..

I know alot of others have the washer and do fine,, for NOW.

I came in 4th at the last match I went to, I checked my gun after the match and was 1 MOA lowe and 100 yards I know now why I was 4th place and 1MOA low at all ranges ....

Ive two other NF scopes that are nuts on and have no washer and will never see a washer..

ASM1

I disscussed this very subject with Nightforce a few weeks ago and Nightforce said that they had tested the washers and that was not the way to go.

I disscussed this very subject with Nightforce a few weeks ago and Nightforce said that they had tested the washers and that was not the way to go.

So why didn't you tell me? Where you mad about being wrong about gravity and which way an apple falls out of a tree and just going to let me ruin my scope this weekend at F-class.

So why didn't you tell me? Where you mad about being wrong about gravity and which way an apple falls out of a tree and just going to let me ruin my scope this weekend at F-class.

No Bob I am not mad at you at all. Kevin did not tell me that the washers could damage the scope, he simply said that they did not work well.
If I am wrong about gravity, then so is Gerald Perry owner of Perry Systems, as well as the Military for relying on his products.

Its Friday afternoon, laugh a little JWP!!!!:D

I'm retired and I still like Friday afternoon.

Yes sir, heres to ya
Beers.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.