NXS 2.5-10 x 42 opinions

revturbo9967

I want to scope my 300wm vanguard soon. The rifle has worn a few different scopes and now its naked. I'm interested in a lightweight package, but not something that is lacking quality or features. This rifle may end up going for elk, definitely deer and other medium sized game, and given the decent accuracy ive gotten with it, i would take shots out to say, 600 yards with it. I own a gen 2 razor 4.5-27 and love the thing, but its a huge honkin scope. i want similar features to my razor, but not the weight and size. I know many guys shoot fixed 10 power out to some good distance as well as lower power variables. Is the NXS 2.5-10 enough to stretch out to 600 on deer sized game? ive shot a 12X out to 450 yards and the scope was light years lower in quality then any nightforce.

or am i just thinking into this too much ?

I have both the NXS and SHV. The NXS is definatly worth the extra money. To me anyway. I;ve shot my NXS to 800 with no problem. That is on my 308 , shooting 20" square steel plate.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.