NX8 Nightforce reviews??

Mnovak73

I'm looking for feedback on the NX8 as a LR hunting optic. I am considering purchasing one but I see allot of NX8s being resold, used. Are people not happy with them, any experienced user feedback on the NX8?

I use the NX8 on all my LR rifles -- 2.5-20 on a 6.5CM and 6.5PRC. 4-32 on a 300PRC. Zero problems with tracking or hold over yardages.
How is the clarity on the 4-32 when zooming way out on 32 power? I've been considering purchasing the 2.5-20 but I may want to look at the 4-32? It'll be going on a .300wm.
not sure on the weight difference of the two, I'll have to look at the NF website.

Here, IMHO, is a good review on the NX8 4-32 x 50 F1 MOAR:

About ready to spring for one myself.

How is the clarity on the 4-32 when zooming way out on 32 power? I've been considering purchasing the 2.5-20 but I may want to look at the 4-32? It'll be going on a .300wm.
not sure on the weight difference of the two, I'll have to look at the NF website.
I have the 4-32 but I mainly treat it as a 4-24x. The image still seems decent at the upper end but it gets noticeably darker and I don't like that.

The parallax sensitivity on the 2.5-20 is a deal breaker for me in a hunting scope. The 4-32 isn't as bad and the sfp models also don't seem quite as picky as the FFP models.

IMO NF should have just made them like a 3-18 and 4-24 or something like that. When I had the 2.5-20 side by side with a Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 I felt like the LRHS was a better hunting scope. And that's a tough thing for me to say because I really like NF.

For a hunting scope anything above a 6X magnification gets to be a real trade off of magnification and parallax.
Hunting / tactical scopes need to be able to have parallax easily removed and the 8X and above scopes are really sensitive. I have a March 2.5 x 25.....VERY sensitive to parallax, I am considering selling it.