NX8 4-32 FFP or switch to...

I know FFP is pretty small on low power and with illumination it'll stand out fine. Plus if I'm zoomed out on 4 power it's more than likely going to be a close shot anyway. Even shooting at 100 yards I typically crank up my magnification to 10 or more. Just because I like to see the target closer. That's just me. Besides when sighting in sfp your suppose to be on high power anyway. For the best results anyway. Believe me I've thought a ton about this and I've never had a FFP and really want to try it. Couple guys I know hunt out west often and love the FFP. So I figure what the heck. Hey if I end up really hating it I can sell it and go to a sfp

They deal direct with NF, Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski. NF says it'll be another 2-4 weeks (if that even stays true) to ship fierce their order. Eurooptic can ship direct to fierce for me so I don't have to pay any shipping. It's not Fierces fault. But my gun has been built for a month and I don't want to keep waiting and waiting for
It to arrive for the long range dial in and then don't even have time to shoot it before season.
Buy the scope and have it shipped....where's the dilemma! Why are you even asking?

NF is not the problem. Fierce and the lies they tell their customers and dealers are the problem. I was a Fierce dealer until they continued to be late with every long range package I ordered. I would have to tell my customers that Fierce still didn't have it ready. Lost 2 customers, moved the others into other custom brands I sell. This is the biggest over promise under deliver company I have ever had the displeasure dealing with. Good luck getting that buy hunting season.

Have you handled or actually shot with the 4-32 FFP model?

I have one and I don't have any problems with my eye box being tight/eye relief. I think most of these problems you hear or read about on this optic is mostly to due to a rifle not being setup properly for the shooter.

The low X reticle not being usable... well maybe, if the illumination/battery is dead.. if you're in low light/dark timber and on the lower X.. you're probably not shooting far enough to need anything other than a duplex reticle. Which is exactly what that reticle looks like illuminated on the lower X.

Not arguing with you, maybe the scope I have is the exception and most others have a tight eye box or bad eye relief🤷🏼‍♂️?

I would say get what you want, so you don't regret it later. That being said, 8x erector is going to make an FFP reticle pretty much useless for hunting at low power, and the eye relief unforgiving at high power. I am an FFP guy all the way, but if you are putting it on a hunting rifle, I would buy the NF SFP version so it is useable at all magnifications and just has the illuminated center dot versus the whole cross hair. NF did a pretty good job on their SFP CF2 reticles as well giving you references for holds at 16x and 32x so you give up less from going FFP. Just my opinion. Eurooptic also gets my recommendation.

Hey guys. I had a thread maybe 2 months ago so if you saw it this might sound familiar. Anyway in early May I ordered a Fierce CT Rival. Long story short I decided on a FFP scope and figured the NX8 4-32. Yes more mag than needed 99% of the time but figured it can't hurt over the 2.5-20model. So the gun has been built for about a month and they are waiting on the Nightforce order to arrive. Heard yesterday it'll still be another 2-4 weeks and if that even stays accurate. Now I'm contemplating changing to either a VX6 3-18x50 or Zeiss V6 3-18x50. I know a couple guys that love the FFP for hunting and I really wanted to try it but I've always had 2nd FFP. So question is wait around for who knows how long to get the NF or go with one of these others. Thanks for the inputs ahead of time. Btw I mentioned to Fierce I could buy the NX8 from Eurooptic and have it in a couple days. He said if I wanted I could buy it there and send it to them to mount. But then it's more money to ship. Ugh.
I started with 2nd fp in a nightforce
Hey guys. I had a thread maybe 2 months ago so if you saw it this might sound familiar. Anyway in early May I ordered a Fierce CT Rival. Long story short I decided on a FFP scope and figured the NX8 4-32. Yes more mag than needed 99% of the time but figured it can't hurt over the 2.5-20model. So the gun has been built for about a month and they are waiting on the Nightforce order to arrive. Heard yesterday it'll still be another 2-4 weeks and if that even stays accurate. Now I'm contemplating changing to either a VX6 3-18x50 or Zeiss V6 3-18x50. I know a couple guys that love the FFP for hunting and I really wanted to try it but I've always had 2nd FFP. So question is wait around for who knows how long to get the NF or go with one of these others. Thanks for the inputs ahead of time. Btw I mentioned to Fierce I could buy the NX8 from Eurooptic and have it in a couple days. He said if I wanted I could buy it there and send it to them to mount. But then it's more money to ship. Ugh.
I started out with a nightforce second focal plane I know have 2 nightforce first focal planes, won't go back to second focal plane scopes regardless of manuf.

unless you have only months to live it is probably worth the wait. I'm old and I would wait.

Have you handled or actually shot with the 4-32 FFP model?

I have one and I don't have any problems with my eye box being tight/eye relief. I think most of these problems you hear or read about on this optic is mostly to due to a rifle not being setup properly for the shooter.

The low X reticle not being usable... well maybe, if the illumination/battery is dead.. if you're in low light/dark timber and on the lower X.. you're probably not shooting far enough to need anything other than a duplex reticle. Which is exactly what that reticle looks like illuminated on the lower X.

Not arguing with you, maybe the scope I have is the exception and most others have a tight eye box or bad eye relief🤷🏼‍♂️?
No, I haven't used or shot one. Personal preference, but 32x is more than I want on a hunting rifle, even living out west. I have also avoided the whole NX8 line for the rather mixed reviews it receives (more so the lower magnification models, especially when they first came out).

When it comes to field use and awkward shooting positions where you can't always get the perfect cheek weld, I want the most forgiving eye relief and eye box I can get. 32x with a 50mm objective, and only a 30mm tube in FFP is starting to push it for me. When in low light (or no light for predators), I like center dot illumination basically for the same reason you mentioned, not shooting far enough to need anything more than a basic reticle/aiming point. Even at lower illumination levels, to me a dot also obscures less of the light coming through the objective lens and makes it easier for me to see the target beyond.

As far as your scope versus others, I think most people would argue that the 4-32x is the best of the NX8, so its probably just fine especially if you are used to it. If I am not mistaken the 4-32x was the last to come out and likely fixed some of the complaints of the other two models. If I were buying the NX8 tomorrow for a hunting scope, the 2.5-20x SFP makes more sense to me at least on paper. If I had $2K to burn on a hunting scope tomorrow, it probably wouldn't be an NX8. Others may feel differently, but that is just my take.

Ive shot FFP for over ten years,I have the mark 5x56,one of my favorite,but its on a LR rig that is not functional to pack.I have a March on my packer 338NM and it goes to 24, i never use it past 20 x,not very good past that power and on game with follow up harder to get back on,not toaly sold on that scope either as parallax is picky and use it to judge trophy caliber.20x is all you need for hunting

Got my Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 mil scope in today. If it tracks true I think my search for FFP scope that is light and usable at lower magnification is done. Sorry to derail thread. I just thought it might be worth consideration for OP.

I would definitely get the scope you want. Do you save enough to offset their charges for setting it up. I would think if one comes close to offsetting the other and it was me, I would do it to have what I had decided on getting. I assume, like your rifle, a lot of time in thought and research went into your decision before you ordered it. If you don't, and you are anything like me, you will always wonder what if????

I would definitely get the scope you want. Do you save enough to offset their charges for setting it up. I would think if one comes close to offsetting the other and it was me, I would do it to have what I had decided on getting. I assume, like your rifle, a lot of time in thought and research went into your decision before you ordered it. If you don't, and you are anything like me, you will always wonder what if????
It won't affect the setting up cost at all. Just taking off the price of the scope on their invoice now. That's all.

NF is not the problem. Fierce and the lies they tell their customers and dealers are the problem. I was a Fierce dealer until they continued to be late with every long range package I ordered. I would have to tell my customers that Fierce still didn't have it ready. Lost 2 customers, moved the others into other custom brands I sell. This is the biggest over promise under deliver company I have ever had the displeasure dealing with. Good luck getting that buy hunting season.
It's a bummer to hear that. I've even thought that are these scopes really taking this long to come in or are they just blowing smoke up my you know what? Hoping it wasn't the latter. The biggest complaint I could find was lead times were usually way off. Now for me it was and wasn't accurate. When I ordered it May 3rd they said it'll be probably August. Well the gun was ready late July or first week in August. So that was accurate. But the complete setup isn't ready and I won't see it this month. So inaccurate there. Just that my scope wasn't in. Was hoping to have it my hands next week or early the following week. But it doesn't look like it. Now I'm hoping first week in October.