NX8 4-32 FFP or switch to...

Tgunz64

Hey guys. I had a thread maybe 2 months ago so if you saw it this might sound familiar. Anyway in early May I ordered a Fierce CT Rival. Long story short I decided on a FFP scope and figured the NX8 4-32. Yes more mag than needed 99% of the time but figured it can't hurt over the 2.5-20model. So the gun has been built for about a month and they are waiting on the Nightforce order to arrive. Heard yesterday it'll still be another 2-4 weeks and if that even stays accurate. Now I'm contemplating changing to either a VX6 3-18x50 or Zeiss V6 3-18x50. I know a couple guys that love the FFP for hunting and I really wanted to try it but I've always had 2nd FFP. So question is wait around for who knows how long to get the NF or go with one of these others. Thanks for the inputs ahead of time. Btw I mentioned to Fierce I could buy the NX8 from Eurooptic and have it in a couple days. He said if I wanted I could buy it there and send it to them to mount. But then it's more money to ship. Ugh.

They deal direct with NF, Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski. NF says it'll be another 2-4 weeks (if that even stays true) to ship fierce their order. Eurooptic can ship direct to fierce for me so I don't have to pay any shipping. It's not Fierces fault. But my gun has been built for a month and I don't want to keep waiting and waiting for
It to arrive for the long range dial in and then don't even have time to shoot it before season.

Eurooptic will ship the NX8 for free, and right now they are offering free 1-day shipping. I would have it shipped to Fierce.
Yep that's what I did. Eurooptic is shipping it straight to them. Should be there tomorrow.

Eurooptic will ship the NX8 for free, and right now they are offering free 1-day shipping. I would have it shipped to Fierce.
This is what I would do. Even if I had to buy from somewhere else and pay the shipping twice. At this point, get the scope you want and don't trip on a dollar to save a dime.

I've got a NX8 4-32 FFP and will probably be getting another. If that is the scope you were wanting, get it.

I would say get what you want, so you don't regret it later. That being said, 8x erector is going to make an FFP reticle pretty much useless for hunting at low power, and the eye relief unforgiving at high power. I am an FFP guy all the way, but if you are putting it on a hunting rifle, I would buy the NF SFP version so it is useable at all magnifications and just has the illuminated center dot versus the whole cross hair. NF did a pretty good job on their SFP CF2 reticles as well giving you references for holds at 16x and 32x so you give up less from going FFP. Just my opinion. Eurooptic also gets my recommendation.

This is what I would do. Even if I had to buy from somewhere else and pay the shipping twice. At this point, get the scope you want and don't trip on a dollar to save a dime.

I've got a NX8 4-32 FFP and will probably be getting another. If that is the scope you were wanting, get it.
That's what I did. No shipping costs to me. Eurooptic is shipping directly to them. I just hope Fierce still honors the 2 free boxes of ammo I'm suppose to get since I ordered during their promotion. They said they'd work with me going this route.

I would say get what you want, so you don't regret it later. That being said, 8x erector is going to make an FFP reticle pretty much useless for hunting at low power, and the eye relief unforgiving at high power. I am an FFP guy all the way, but if you are putting it on a hunting rifle, I would buy the NF SFP version so it is useable at all magnifications and just has the illuminated center dot versus the whole cross hair. NF did a pretty good job on their SFP CF2 reticles as well giving you references for holds at 16x and 32x so you give up less from going FFP. Just my opinion. Eurooptic also gets my recommendation.
4x is thin but illuminated reticle makes it stand out fine. I've also used 6x instead. All depends on situations.