• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

NULA Forbes 284 Win Mag Sheep Rifle 6lbs with scope

Lost in alamos

You are looking at a 284 winchester New Ultra Light Arms model 20 ultimate mountain rifle made by Mr. Forbes himself.

On my elk hunt this year, I realized my health is getting to bad to go on a sheep hunt. The last couple years have not treated me well physically. With that being said, it is time to let someone else get some use out of this NULA.

Long story short, this rifle was an original ULA arms chambered in a 7 mm. I bought it at an estate sale from the original owner. I sent it back to Melvin and he had a picture of the gun on his screen saver with the original owner. The original owner had several NULA's and had know Melvin well enough to have him customize his serial numbers. Anyway, Melvin took it, turned it into a repeater, chambered it into a 284 win mag, gave it the classic NULA paint job, and put a stainless barrel on it. He told me I wouldn't live long enough to shoot out a stainless barrel (probably right). I had a custom load worked up for it with Nosler brass. Gun comes with 45 rounds, a 55 once fired Nosler brass, 284 dies, and a Leopold vx3 4.5 x 14 x 40 bought new for the rifle. I need to verify scope and all the extras. I think I have a bunch (like a hundred or 200) of unfired Nosler 284 win mag brass as well. Used on one hunt for 7 days in CO. 55 rounds down the tube. Patterns like all of Melvins rifles - dead on. Weight is a hair under 6lbs with scope! Asking $4k shipped.

Attachments

• 20181014_102610.jpg
    20181014_102610.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 454
Last edited:
It is tough to post these pics, I hate to see her go. I have spent a ton of time researching exactly what I wanted this gun to be.
20181014_102653.jpg
20181014_102653.jpg
20181014_102653.jpg
I would love to see someone from this thread pick it up. I am going to leave it on here for a while before posting to the other sights.

20181014_102625.jpg
It does have some scratches so please look carefully at the pics. Nothing major. NULA's have an awesome finish, almost like sand paper, but they show marks a little easier than most stocks.