• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NTS Custom XP100 in .243 Win.

lewellan2

For sale Remington XP100, midgrip with custom Fagen laminated thumbhole stock, trigger job, trued and lapped bolt, rebarreled in .243 Win, 1/10 twist 14" barrel w/ Dewey brake (14-7/8" overall), one piece Leupold base with Leupold rings and custom Eye relief adjustable extended scope mount with Leupold see thru rings and 2-7x pistol scope. $950 plus shipping & insurance to your FFL. FTF in Central Oregon.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/lewellan2/100_0969.jpg
100_0969.jpg

100_0973.jpg

Dano

it is because this is pistol/scout scope (not a true pistol scope). scout scopes are made for use on pistols and lever action rifles when the scope is mounted in front of the action. I still use an extended mount on my other pistols since I shoot in the Creedmore position and have a need to ge the scope closer to my eye in order to see full field of view at 7 power etc. some folks mount the scope in the traditional rings and it works for them.
Dano

how can that set up be as accurate as putting the scope on a stiffer mount?..I don't mean to be "smart",,, but ...the ' see-thru' mounts on top of a piece of aluminim rod...cantilievered back off of two rings.... seems different ..at best...I'm just asking....I've been shooting hand guns for years,,,,read about useing rifle scopes on handguns,,,,never seen it.... please let me know the thinking behind your set up....

thanks,
Alan.lightbulb

SEE ABOVE REPLY. it is not permenant, if you don' t like it don't use it. It works for me. You ever see a Ken Light "Extended Mount"? or a high rise mount?
go to www.kenlightmfg.com check 'em out.

thank ya'll,,

I educated myself a little on 'creedmore handgun shooting'....and realized that it's about comfort and eye relief....Stability in the creedmore position would dictate a longer aft base mount....but.. does the 'high rise' mount cause a problem down range at multiple yardage?.....ie. kent mounts..I assume those mounts let the shooter hold the pistol close to the torso .. but lower than' line of sights',,..and allow the use of a rifle scope...

let me know if i am on the right track guys!!

thanks

Alan,:cool:

Last edited:
The Highrise is so the gun is lower but site higher so the muscles are more at rest than if you hold the gun up high with a normal height scope.

Mike

OK! Picture this. you lay on your back, knees up, feet apart to create a triangle, pistol in hand, hand on hip, barrel/forarm resting against your leg or on top of your boot top, elbow out and on the ground or shooting paddock, creating another triangle, head up resting on your forarm with hand on the ground to creat yet another triangle to support your head. this way you have created as much stability as possible without having to strain to use mucles to hold your head up, litle effort to hold the gun up. very stable. typically we don't use rifle scopes, but I had this one pistol/ scout scope so I used it. I have Ken Lights scope mount extensions on a few of my other pistols and they are nice but not Infinitely Adjustable for eye relief as this set up is. Some pistols scopes don't have as good long eye relief as others. My Leupold does, my Simmons does, but my Burris does not and this set up allows me reduce that distance form eye to scope and give me more field of view at high power. there is another position called the dead frog where you lay on your back, legs crossed as if you were sitting on the floor, and you lay the gun on your thigh gun hand and arm the same more or less as the Creedmor and head support he same.
Hunting coyotes, mule deer or antelope you can sit up and wiggle you way back into a sage brush or up against a tree and put your knees up and together set the gun in the notch between your knees and push your hands all way forward to lock your hand/gun in. creates a very stable position in open country like here in Central/Eastern Oregon.
Dano

Last edited:
Gottcha lewellan,

just curious about the thinking behind the optics mounts that i'm seeing. you've have been very informative,,and i thank you!!..BTHW..i have been shootin' ...the 'dead frog' since i was a KID with rifles, and an old ruger single 6....very comfy!

its all good,
:rolleyes:

creed3.jpg

creed2.jpg

creed1.jpg

actually a quite stable position, however not recommended for revolvers unless you have leathers. been there done that. but as you can see the eye relief is substancial

just helping out with a visual

Now you see the guy in the top photo with the shorts on. my scope is back about his belt line and the tube rest on my hip above the belt.
by the way where is this range? Nice. our range is nice, but we have desert sand, no water, very little vegetation. It would be so sweet to have grass around the firing line.
Dano

Recent Posts