NRL HUNTER event in IOWA

As I'm a non competitive shooter i have a question....what is meant by establishing a power factor. Very interested in trying this out
All rifles used to compete in the NRL Hunter series shall meet a minimum power factor requirement, unless excluded below. Minimum Power Factor (PF) is 380,000 and calculated by taking the Bullet Weight in (gr) multiplied by Muzzle Velocity in (fps). For example, 143 gr @ 2670 fps = 381,810 and makes the minimum. With a Muzzle Velocity maximum of 3275 fps 6mm with 115gr will not be able to make the minimum PF.

Use of factory sealed box ammunition, .264" (6.5mm) and 130gr or above, is not subject to meeting the PF requirement under this section

I just pasted this from the rules section on NRLHunter.org
Lots of good info there!

I just shot the NRL hunter match In Oklahoma this past weekend.
Jim was there as a RO helping, him and I got a chance to talk a bit.
I have no doubt this match in Iowa is going to be awesome!

Hey Jim, I just saw the promo video from NRL on YouTube with Travis Ishida and yourself- sounds like it's gonna be great! Thanks in advance for all of your work.

I just returned from the Heartland Harvester match in Nebraska ran by Chaz McCrander and title sponsor Nosler.
I managed a 2nd place finish in Open Light and 3rd place overall. Great fun event and got to hang out with some great people. the food and awards banquet were top notch. Done shooting by 11:00 am Sunday on the road by 2pm. This match had 12 teams signed up... might have to try that next.

If you signed up you should have got an email of the itinerary for the event.
if you missed it let me know.

Recent Posts