NRL HUNTER event in IOWA

Jim See

LRH Sponsor
I am super excited to host the first Iowa NRL Hunter match;
This is a great way to sharpen your skills in 4 minute blind stages where you find range and shoot up to 4 targets per stage.

Caldwell Little Hunt on the Prairie.
We are gonna have industry supported side matches all day Friday.
Decorah is not your typical Iowa town. Rolling wooded hills, hundreds of miles of spring fed trout streams and a slew of craft breweries make this a destination event, bring the wife and kids this is a great time of year for trout fishing.
The target arrays are gonna be a bit different. I am making big game silhouette for most stages with a vital sized plate as the target. this should help add realism and increase range finder effectiveness. We will have a banquet dinner in the lodge after the conclusion of the match and before awards. Sign up before March 10th if you wish to get a match t-shirt.
We have added another 600 acres to the range to get you well spread out. expect to walk about 1 to 1.5 mile per day.

Use the link to learn more, and sign up today.
https://nrlhunter.org/matches-2022/22-07/

If you guys have any questions ask away.

Attachments

• 101333337_2657989627818973_2641023034382614528_o.jpg
    101333337_2657989627818973_2641023034382614528_o.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 101378996_2657989667818969_8259865766891880448_o.jpg
    101378996_2657989667818969_8259865766891880448_o.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 116
  • CaldwellLittleHuntOnThePraire_Blk_V2.jpg
    CaldwellLittleHuntOnThePraire_Blk_V2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 173
Jim, you are a credit to the community.

Looks like a really great format, I hope you get a good turnout and this is the first of many to come!

I signed up! Probably shouldn't have, as I have virtually no experience or equipment.. but since there is a non-competitive "Skills" division, (or lack of skills in my case), I thought I would give it a shot! You can blame Mike and Kili Lilly- I watched a bunch of their videos about NRLH.
I have done some Project Appleseed shoots, but really haven't shot past 100yds. By the end of April I will have taken my new rifle (factory Bergara HMR 308) out to get some basic dope to 800 yds or so. I am looking at the weekend as a training course, and a fun weekend. I hope to make a few shots, and learn a ton. I have taken some basic handgun and rifle courses, so I am safe, but very slow. Please squad me accordingly!

Lol that's a good one. Done plenty of hunting and shooting just nothing competitively or in this type format.

I signed up! Probably shouldn't have, as I have virtually no experience or equipment.. but since there is a non-competitive "Skills" division, (or lack of skills in my case), I thought I would give it a shot! You can blame Mike and Kili Lilly- I watched a bunch of their videos about NRLH.
I have done some Project Appleseed shoots, but really haven't shot past 100yds. By the end of April I will have taken my new rifle (factory Bergara HMR 308) out to get some basic dope to 800 yds or so. I am looking at the weekend as a training course, and a fun weekend. I hope to make a few shots, and learn a ton. I have taken some basic handgun and rifle courses, so I am safe, but very slow. Please squad me accordingly!
Most targets will be 250 to 650. Less than 10% over 700. So you should hit plenty. I've shot every kind of match. These hunter matches really favor hunters. Find range and shoot. Most of my big game targets will be deer cut outs with a 12" vital plate. So easier to find and range.

Notified the link went bad, here it is a new.

Nice! Despite being behind the curve, I am really looking forward to it!

Do we need anything for Friday? I'm assuming we don't need rifles and gear until Saturday..

Nice! Despite being behind the curve, I am really looking forward to it!

Do we need anything for Friday? I'm assuming we don't need rifles and gear until Saturday..
Friday will have a 100 yard zero range where we establish power factor since that is the match tie breaker. We also make sure rifle is classed properly. The side matches Friday will have firearms and ammo provided.

As I'm a non competitive shooter i have a question....what is meant by establishing a power factor. Very interested in trying this out

12lbs is light. 16lbs is heavy. Rifle with sling and bipod attached. Does not include mag