NP-R2 load integration

MOA

I put my nightforce on a 338 RUM sendero and am seeking a load that will integrate with the reticle. I think S1 says you need a BC of around .5 with a velocity of around 3350-3400 FPS. I was thinking about the the 185 grain barnes XLC. Has anyone developed a load specifically for this reticle? It seems that you need to shoot a fairly light bullet to obtain the ballistics needed. It would be great to have each 2 MOA mark represent 100 yard hold-over points.

Thanks Brent and S1. I hunt at around 1500 feet. The caliber is 338 RUM so I may have to go with a pretty light bullet to get the trajectory. The 225 accubond sounds great but I'm not sure if the RUM has enough velocity to match the trajectory to the reticle. I think I may be able to get a 225 acconbond going 3150-3200 with my 26" barrel. Is there a NP-R2 integration equation that allows you to plug in BC and velocity?

Thanks S1, I'll try the 210 XLC behind a full chage of RL22 for 3350FPS with BC of .471. The path of the bullet is 18.92" high at 300 with 600 yard zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.