Now which rifle?

I have a Browning AB3. It shoots very well but I don't recommend it for two reasons.. (1.) Browning barrels cannot be replaced without replacing entire action, and (2.) Browning refuses to provide parts list and schematic for my model like they do with their other models.

the Vangard in a synthetic stock in 7mm remington mag. a little more power same recoil ammo is everywhere and is priced very well, with the 160 gr. it will out shoot all the above. Also it will give you about 3200 ft lb energy.. it is a no brainer.. and the prices is right...
A very good choice indeed. I have one and its been the best fire-arm I've ever owned. Just watch the optics, as they normally make or break it.

I have a vanguard and a Tikka or 3, and 700s.
If I were you I would buy a Bergara Ridge B14 in .30-06.
Otherwise, Tikka first, 700 or Vanguard are a wash, Browning and Compass to follow.
If it's not a Creedmoor, you will have to aim it.
🤓

Last edited:
Good choice on the vanguard and absolutely nothing wrong with a 30-06.
My Son has a Vangaurd in 7mm and it shoots great. However, I also know that the tikas shoot great as well and are a good bit lighter physical weight if it is a riffle you will be packing it a lot.
Just something else to consider.

Just when you think you know something else get thrown into the mix. Lol
Thanks everyone, I am going to do more research. I'm kind of a hands on guy. Like to see and touch before I buy.

Hi all,
Thought I had a new rifle selected. The Weatherby vanguard S2 stainless in 30-06. Looked around today and can not find one. What does everyone think my next choice should be in 30-06?
I reload my own ammo. I'm all set up for 30-06. Looking for a rifle for deer and elk hunting. Been searching this great forum can't seem to find a solution. Price range is up to $800.00
Thanks
Can't find an 06 in a vanguard? What's this world coming too? Just find a Howa 1500 it's the same gun. Tikkas seem pretty popular here I wanna say same price range too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.