Now which rifle?

Archer357

Hi all,
Thought I had a new rifle selected. The Weatherby vanguard S2 stainless in 30-06. Looked around today and can not find one. What does everyone think my next choice should be in 30-06?
I reload my own ammo. I'm all set up for 30-06. Looking for a rifle for deer and elk hunting. Been searching this great forum can't seem to find a solution. Price range is up to $800.00
Thanks

I think you choice is great! Never heard anything bad about a Vanguard. My BIL has a .270 and he really likes it. They are made by Howa, right?

I would recommend a 300 WSM instead. Its a souped up 30.06 that you can load down to 06 power or carry a heavier bullet weight in full 300 WSM loads. Plus its a shorter action. I Recommend a Tika for this caliber too.

I would recommend a 300 WSM instead. Its a souped up 30.06 that you can load down to 06 power or carry a heavier bullet weight in full 300 WSM loads. Plus its a shorter action. I Recommend a Tika for this caliber too.
if you're recommending a tikka it's the same action either way

I have a Sako A7 like this in a 30-06.Nice rifle shoots great too. https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/sako-a7-roughtech-pro-rifle/p/p41865
20191212_125308.jpg

the Vangard in a synthetic stock in 7mm remington mag. a little more power same recoil ammo is everywhere and is priced very well, with the 160 gr. it will out shoot all the above. Also it will give you about 3200 ft lb energy.. it is a no brainer.. and the prices is right...

If you're set up for 30-06 there's no real world reason to change, SportSouth is one of my wholesalers and they have the Vanguard 30-06 in stock both in stainless and blued carbon steel. They also have Tikka's with a 24 inch barrel in stock, all for less than your budget of $800.

I should have stated that they're a wholesaler only but your local gun store will likely have an account already. All to say that they are available

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.